Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hoping to have gastric sleeve

1. Sissy girl
    Sissy girl
    Hi there, yes I am 66 years old and just plain tired of being fat. I am in the process of getting the gastric sleeve surgery set up and it certainly looks like it is going to be a challenge but I am completely up for it. If any of you have had it done I would love to hear from you. I live in Jacksonville, Florida.
  2. Ema
    Ema
    Sissy, I am 3 years behind you and tired of being heavy and having medical issues. I am a grad from FSU - Go Noles! We can share this journey and keep each other motivated.
  3. Nancymac
    Nancymac
    I am over 60 and having surgery on sept 12th. I just couldn't envision a future retirement where I could not travel, fit in a plane seat and walk. So I am ready!
  4. babs8
    babs8
    Well, girls, I am 63 years old and live in north central florida and had the sleeve in Mx in August. I have lost 28 pounds since my 5 day pre op fast. Yea!!! I now fit in clothes that didn't fit years ago. I did have trouble fitting in the airline seat on my way to California, but by this time next year I should be down 100 - 120 pounds. I can enjoy my retirement and life. So I believe it's never to late to start living. I am going to be 3 weeks from my surgery date this Wednesday and just waiting for the incisions to heal on my belly. I am taking it easy and following the diet. I am hungry, but not anything like I was hungry before. My family is entertained by how little I eat now. Anyway, I would recommend it to all of you and why wait, just do it!!
  5. Ann2
    Ann2
    Hey, kids!

I'm 68 years old and was sleeved 15 days ago. What is with these freaking numbers that have become our ages? Oh well, we're losing numbers on the scale. Should even out pretty good.
  6. Nancymac
    Nancymac
    I think if you are like me, you are amazed that the number seems old when in reality we don't feel that way at all. I see plenty of future ahead, and am so proud that I am challenging myself with this. They say that you are not really alive unless you are scared to death every so often. So, I guess I am alive!
  7. Fae
    Fae
    Hey all. I'm 61, tired of being fat and all the problems that go along with it. My sleeve is scheduled for September 25th. Can't say my life is especially exciting or anything, but my husband and I have 3 grown children and 4 amazing grandchildren that I want to stay around for as long as I can. And I don't want what remaining time I have to be filled with pain and misery due to my obesity. I want to be able to enjoy my life and my family.
  8. Ema
    Ema
    Hi Everyone! My surgery is this coming Saturday (9/13/14) and I'll see if I feel like an old woman right after surgery. As several of you have said, when I realize I'm 63, it is always a little startling. I don't feel like I am old. I wonder where the years have gone and then I remember rearing my daughter, finishing my education, and establishing my career. My oldest grandchild turned 13 today and is so excited about being a teenager. I would not want to be a teenager again!

I will post after my surgery and give you a "felt age" report.
    J
  9. alfur
    alfur
    Hey everyone, glad to see a group dedicated to us young girls! I know I still feel that way in my heart.... I am 62 years young and am contemplating the surgery after I jump through all the hoops by the insurance company.... I at first thought I was too physically old..... I have fought with this problem for many years and since 2008, (when I had back surgery) it has been particularly difficult. (I had been pumped with steroids for several years for back and feet).. I went on to have foot surgery, gall bladder, jaw and a few more, most in 2013. Although I have recovered from the foot surgery, I find it still difficult to walk long distances. At the Bariatric seminar the other night, the surgeon made a statement that is still ringing in my ears; "Where do you see your self in 5-10 years"? I can say that 2 years have made a big negative difference, in my health that I don't want to deal with anymore. My knees are progressively getting worse and I figure if I don't do this surgery, I will end up with knee surgery anyway. So at the very least this should help with the pressure on my knees and feet, am I right? .... (my arches are falling and have flat feet). The other benefits, (smaller clothes, self esteem etc.) are only +'s, and are what I have been trying for 30 year to achieve. (some success but like most people, yo-yoing).... I'm truly tired of all this.... I have been told this is the last resort, and I am starting to believe, this is my last resort.... I've often said, "I will just give up and live FAT, but then new hope springs up in me and I try another DIET AGAIN with limited success.... Then I too, look at how my feet and knees are progressively getting worse, and I have sleep apnea as well. I want to throw that machine as far as it will go, because it makes me feel isolated and old. Wondering if anyone else had the machine before surgery and how long it took to come off of it? I'm hoping to be a support to anyone and have someone support me as well. On another note, about two years ago I had started this journey but let my fears take over and walked away. I am praying for encouragement and a clear sign that this road is the best one for me..... thank you everyone for listening.... xoxoxo
  10. Nancymac
    Nancymac
    I think we all have had similar issues and fears, I know I have. I am 65 and had the surgery a month ago because of increasing issues with knees and feet and the realization the my mobility could continue to be compromised. That simply was not how I wanted my final 20 years to look like. So I did it. Wow. I still can't believe it, but here I am, looking forward to a healthier future and feeling proud every day that I made this decision. just start the process, you will be surprised that you just keep putting one foot in front of the other and start your journey. You sound ready, best wishes to you.
  11. alfur
    alfur
    thank you Nancy Mac..... I appreciate the vote of support.... <3