Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What to pack?

1. Akgrl
    Akgrl
    Don't want to over pack, what do I bring?
  2. wannabeslim2014
    wannabeslim2014
    I am taking the very bare essentials - Whatever I wear to the hospital I will wear home, dressing gown, slippers (to walk around in the hospital) bed clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, underwear and a book to read and also some lip balm/vaseline as due to not drinking your lips may feel sore :-) hope that helps x
  3. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    You need Gas-X strips. They were a life saver for me and many others. Also bring ear plugs. Depending on where you are in the hotel you may hear loud music. Also, If you are bringing a heating pad bring an extension cord because outlets are across the room from the beds. Good luck to you on your new journey!! God Bless and see you on the "Sleeved" side!
  4. Khristine
    Khristine
    Slippers! Most defiantly! Hospital floors are so dirty in the hall when you have to walk! I liked minty chap stick (EOS) and I also like mint dental floss. I flossed a lot and it made my mouth taste better! I wore same clothes home…..but know this..you will have an incision under your breast that will make wearing an underwire bra hard! Nobody told me that. Also, I brought Minty Gas-X strips and my doctor asked me to not just use them just because. Wait until the symptoms were there. Someone told me they just really want to see you Walk, Walk, Walk. I started walking in recovery room, and I did it whenever I wanted to, not waiting for them to come tell me to get up! Then when I got to my room that night; every time I got up to use the bathroom; I walked! That will help you the most! Good Luck on your surgery!
  5. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    Earplugs ... gas X strips ... slippers or flip flops ... I forgot my chargers for my ipod , phone , and tablet ....but others were nice enough to let me borrow ... I used hospital gown ..... good luck on your journey! !!
  6. Missbent
    Missbent
    Not sure if its the same where you are, but I took my shakes and chewable vitamins with me as well as all the hospital supplied was clear broth...ew. Best of luck!
  7. Terribj
    Terribj
    I took everything (and the kitchen sink) and this was all I used....
    chap stick
    heating pad
    clean undies to wear home
    socks
    I worse the same clothes home since they were comfy and I was in them about an hour. Didn't use my phone, ipad, etc....

Good Luck!!! Best decision you will ever make
  8. Akgrl
    Akgrl
    Thanx! I'm gonna go the pack light route. Who really went shopping in Mexico? Thinking a good book and earbuds!
  9. dominalove
    dominalove
    I'm taking lip balm, gas x strips, hygiene products, pillow(to protect my incisions from the seat belt on the ride home) slippers, wearing the same thing I arrive in home, surface tablet, phone, pack of new underwear(in case I have an extended stay) and my meds in chewable form.
  10. kmvalade
    kmvalade
    Having had several abdominal surgeries this is what i've decreased what I bring to. Pillow, fan (need the white noise), slippers, I wear my pjs to and from (I even have them thread the tubing through it..wearing it gives me a sense that perks me up. I hate hospital gowns.), the hospital gives socks to walk (with tread), they give you tooth brush and paste, I also bring a package of bath wipes (all I use...can be found at walmart for 2.82 for a lot. I don't like doing the showers or bath. and I bring a package of flushable toilet wipes to stay clean and it won't plug up the toilet. they have stuff for cold or hot compresses. and I bring my makeup. making your self look good actually helps you feel better. They also provide lip balm and cough drops that have anesthetic qualities if you have a bad taste in mouth.
  11. ksleeve16
    ksleeve16
    I watched a youtube video that suggested people should bring mouthwash, it moistens the mouth and helps with your breath. They also mentioned chap-stick and sleep masks to help you get some rest with nurses coming in and out. Good luck I hope everything goes great!
    Karen
  12. Justagirl77
    Justagirl77
    I’m bringing biotin. I have seen a lot of forums that have said this is
    A must,because your mouth is so dry! I’m trying to remember what
    Else to pack! I’m sure I will overdo it! Lol ��
  13. meme3
    meme3
    I now know to bring only a day or two worth of clothing, hygienic items, biotin, gas-x, and shakes. Thanks everyone. Counting down the days now till I go.