Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm I alone???

1. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    Just ask my self the question as I have no family and friends believe it or not. So am I alone??? Is there anyone going thru the process and how is it going?

I am a 31 year old Hispanic female standing at 5'4 and weight 256lb. I'm a mother of 5 and also a wife to a loving husband. I have been on the big side sense as long as I can remember and I'm tired of being big. I decided to get the gastric or sleeve about a year ago but didn't have some one to help me accomplish my goals of losing weight. It's hard!!! It always have been but every day that goes by I'm more focused on getting it done. My main question is, I've seen the nutritionist 5 times already and I have change a lot of my eating habits but for some reason there has not been a weight change. Would my insurance deny me because of it? I'm so scared that I have been thinking of starving my self lol (we all know that not gonna happen) anyone going thru this or went thru it? Please help
  2. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Hello. I just had the sleeve done July 14. This is a long and hard process (well for me it seemed that way). I also didn't lose too much weight while seeing the nutritionist. I started at 255 pounds and by my surgery date I as only down to 245 and now im 235 after surgery. My insurance still approved me, I think they just want see you trying. I'm here I you need someone to talk to. Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine!
  3. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    I'm happy to know I'm not alone... How long before your insurance covered it... I keep reading in googles that peoples had to wait for even upto a year. Did you?
  4. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    My first visit with the doctor was March 29, 2014 and I got the call I was approved June 27. Then the scheduled the surgery for July 14. I was SO happy!!
  5. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    Omg... I would be happy too... I wish it was that easy for me but unfortunately is not. I guess maybe because I have state insurance??? Idk... I started in May, don't remember the exact day
  6. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    I basically made sure I did everything the doctor needed me to do early. I scheduled all my appointments as soon as he told me what doctors or procedures he needed from me. I made sure I went to the nutritionist every two weeks as I was suppose to and followed her instructions as much as possible. I never missed any appointments and I made sure I lost something every visit even if it was just a pound or two. My insurance luckily doesn't make you wait at least 90 days like a lot of others.
  7. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Girl I have state insurance as well. I have united health care community plan. I'm not sure if its different in other states but here in NJ it worked just fine for me. The only problem I ran into was the sleep study. It was VERY hard to get the insurance to approve for me to have it done. I started calling the insurance on my own until I got what I needed!
  8. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    I haven't miss any appointments on Tuesday I have to go to the psychiatric appointment and the same doctor will give me a date for my sleep amnia. Did you also go thru that?
  9. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Yes, I went thru that as well. That's another thing I didn't like, I forgot about that. The Psych doctor made me pay $50 just for him that im not crazy or doing this for the wrong reason. I'm not sure if it was because of my insurance or its just the fee people have to pay.
  10. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    I hope they don't give me a problem with that cause I sure will be harassing them lol they gonna wish they never gave me insurance Lmmfao...I hope and pray I get approved. I know is to soon but are you going to get any cosmetic after you lose all the weight?
  11. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    Ok... I also had to buy some dietary drinks that cost me 140 for a 3 month supply that send me straight to the hospital for dehydration did you do that?
  12. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    LOL I have already started thinking about that. I spoke to my surgeon about the excessive skin after losing the weight and he said he doesn't think I will have a lot. He said my age (27) and the fact that my skin is not really bad now it shouldn't be too much but my belly will most likely have some. I'm going to see how my skin looks after about a year and a half and take it from there. I know its not good to do it too early because you're still losing weight. I actually tried to tone up as much as possible before the surgery because my surgeon said that would help a lot.
  13. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    I have been looking at this forum called mummy's makeovers and I am very interested in becoming a Duran doll. The skinny waist and huge butt is what I want to achieve... If you want to look in to that it's kinda cool the only thing I don't want to do is travel out of the us and if I do I would like a buddy to get it done together.. (But) first I need to get this surgery going lol
  14. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    Mommies* makeover
  15. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Before I had the surgery I bought different protein drinks to see which one I liked most before I spent too much money on something I couldn't drink. I didn't like any of them. LOL SO I decided to drink the Isopure drink before the surgery since it was more in the bottle and can keep me full until my next meal ( I replaced a meal with a protein drink). After the surgery I decided to buy the 3 month supply of new wheay protein because it was smaller and had more protein. I knew I wouldn't be ale to drink much and that I would need about 60 g of protein a day so this was my best option. So as of now I drink to New Wheay protein drinks a day, I add a little water to it because it taste like syrup to me.
  16. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Oh, I never heard of that before.
  17. PechoNalidad58
    PechoNalidad58
    I'm going to take the pic of the drinks tomorrow or let's just say later and post so you could see
  18. ceecee153
    ceecee153
    Okay