Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

UGGHHHH The dreaded stall.....HELP ME!!!

1. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    For the last three weeks I have weighed in at the same weight. I don't know what to do. I am walking 4 miles and doing an hour of cardio exercises 5 days a week and the other two days are strength training days. I am consuming about 1000 cal. per day including my protein shake (which after that I can't consume anything else, stomach will be too full). I am losing it, because I don't know what else to do. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. edubb99
    edubb99
    Add a few carbs---change things up a bit. Gave me a boost.
  3. Poji
    Poji
    I upped my calories and started to lose on a regular basis...I am at 1200 at this point, and I am still losing!
  4. absherkathy
    absherkathy
    I feel ya I am at a stall also for 3 weeks. But i am going to be really honest going back to some of my old habits . I need to get back to the basics
  5. Musical_Lady
    Musical_Lady
    @absherkathy - I can relate with ya! I've been craving things I used to eat and I've been in the 270's for 5 weeks. I just try to keep busy and eat healthy. My main problem is remembering to drink my protein shake. I always call or email my surgeons nurse when I need encouragement/advice. The extra support keeps me focused. The stall period will pass sooner or later! :-) Good luck to everyone!
  6. Julesg1963
    Julesg1963
    I had a 3 week stall, but I just kept at what I was doing and now the weight has started to drop again. I'm so thankful, my boss had the same surgery 2 years ago, so I can check in with her on what to expect - it's wonderful! This happened to her as well, and that it is very normal, our bodies are adjusting to this new life as well - there are bound to be some stalls along the way. I keep faith and keep following what my nutritionist and PA have instructed me to do...it will happen.
  7. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Thank you guys for the encouragement. It means a lot to me. The stall ended thank God. I was losing it for a moment thinking I wasn't going to continue to lose weight. I have been losing steadily although I think I may be in another stall because I have been at the same weight for approximately 10 days. I did up my calories and it helped tremendously. I also added a few more carbs. I was basically avoid all carbs before. I am down to 133 lbs with only 7 pounds to meet my goal. So I am excited because I know it will happen.