Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm confused...Why should anyone with hypo have slow weight loss after the sleeve if their levels are normal?

1. TheRealMe319
    TheRealMe319
    Hello Butterfly Warriors!

I was just recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism in April and it turns out it has everything to do with why I suddenly gained an extreme amount of weight. I realized how much I weighed last week. For me, the decision to pursue the sleeve was fast and easy. But now I am concerned to see so many hypo thyroid sleevers reporting such slow weight loss progress. The more I learn about hypothyroidism, the more confused I am by the condition, but I thought I understood well that once your levels normalize and you're on the right dosage, that your ability to lose weight is the same as anyone else. Can anyone offer some insight as to why weight loss would still be difficult even if hypothyroidism is being treated properly?
  2. StacyD
    StacyD
    I was diagnosed with this 3 years ago. I am on 75 Levothyroxine. I am 4+ months out and have lost 64 pounds not to mention I am in my late 50's. I'm gonna take a stab at this - I have a feeling even if the weight doesn't pour off you - you'll still lose as your body dictates it to. I have heard of people here who have no thyroid issues at all who cant seem to lose an ounce. My vote is patience and follow your surgeons instructions to the letter
  3. kenson
    kenson
    I was diagnosed years ago and take Levothyroxine. I am 5 months out and I am down 60 pounds. I am just so happy to be losing weight that I cannot say enough. Totally agree with StacyD, be patient and enjoy the process.
  4. Curlytop54
    Curlytop54
    I had my thyroid removed and taken Levothyroxine for 5yrs and I am 6 months out and 70 lbs down (and in my 50's). I am now adjusting my levels and the levothryoxine has been lowered and still making adjustments. I am glad I had this done and very pleased the results. I may lose slower than most but from what I have seen on this site the more you have to lose the more you lose. I hope this helps.
  5. fri38cy
    fri38cy
    I am not even a month yet and mine is going really slow. I have only lost 23 which is good I was just hoping it would be alittle bit faster. I have to stop worring about the scale and just keeping moving and eating protein.