Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone coming along in their journey???

1. Peachybroo
    Peachybroo
    What have been your successes, setbacks, complications and hallelujahs??? Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. ;-)
  2. Mich-D
    Mich-D
    I was sleeved 1/7/14 and seem to be doing well. I have already met with two plastic surgeons regarding plans to remove my pannis and other areas of excess skin.
  3. Kalafaye
    Kalafaye
    2 months since surgery and I've only lost 40lbs. I'm not complaining.... It just seems like it should be more. Any time any of my close friends ask me how much it's been... I feel like they're expecting a much bigger number. Not that that matters... Lol I still love the surgery.. And hate it sometimes for the same reason: I can't eat the ENTIRE pizza!!!! Lol. Sometimes I forget... And take two quick big bites in a row... BOY do I regret that!!! Lol. Ugh!!! It's SO uncomfortable. Thank goodness though... Because it's become SO CLEAR after the surgery that I've made the right decision... I would NEVER have been able to do this without it. That's just a fact based on knowing myself for over 30 years. I feel so lucky that I could have this surgery and have some sort of a life now! I CAN FIT IN CHAIRS. WITH ARMS!!! Any chair with arms... And there's not the awkward staring at it for 5mins to asses if my badonk will fit!!!!!

Next.... Booths!!! I will sit this butt in a booth before the end of this year and I CANT WAIT!!!!!
  4. keish_lorraine
    keish_lorraine
    I have completed all requirement and have been cleared for surgery. I am now waiting for insurance approval and a surgery date. It's taking forever. I have a feeling that I will not be having surgery until some time in August.
  5. Peachybroo
    Peachybroo
    Congratulations Mich-D. I too will have a day where I'm meeting with a plastic surgeon about removing excess skin and possibly adding some helium to my chest area after it completely deflates. Kalafaye, I totally know exactly how you feel about everything you said. I too have one friend in particular who also struggles with her weight and has had a lot of struggles with a lap band procedure she had done about 6 yrs ago. But now all of the sudden she is OBSESSED with what my numbers are ...seriously like the day after I got home from having the surgery she wanted to know how much I had lost so far. I just told her that I only have plans to weigh like every week or two and I'd let her know how it was going. She then asked me another three times before I finally had an appt with the Dr and weighed then. And when I did tell her it was via text and took her forever to respond and her response was "Good for you! I'd gloat too!" lol...I give up. This is my journey and I'm not here to answer to anyone else. I'm 12 days post op and had a situation where I just went into auto-pilot and took two HUGE drinks of water because I was really parched. I realized immediately what I had done and then the pain hit. It was UNREAL! I can tell you right now, I will seriously not do that if I can help it ever again...lol. Congratulations on being able to fit in chairs and good luck on getting in booths. We can all totally relate. I'm already feeling/seeing huge results and am just feeling good all the way around. It's amazing how different you feel when you can actually do simple things for yourself like bending over to tie your own shoes...crazy. Keish_Lorraine, keep your spirits up and good luck in getting your surgery approved. I really struggled with my insurance company and could not ever get approval so I ended up making the decision to self pay and go down to Mexico. It was the best decision I've ever made. I have zero regrets about getting this procedure done and or the method I chose to accomplish it. Take care everyone and hope you all have a FABULOUS July. <3