Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sad news.... No sleeve for me.....yet

1. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    My surgery was suppose to be yesterday. But last week I acquired a horrible cold. I was prescribed prednisone. Before taking this medicine I phone the dr. Office to make it was ok. I was told it was fine. However, when I went for pre op testing Friday, my surgeon said NO!!! The steroid would cause me problems. Therefore, I must wait 30 days!!!!!! Yes!!!! Are you freakn kidding me????? Not happy, but life goes on I guess. My new surgery date is July 14th. I do wish the best to all of you who are getting sleeved this month. Please keep posted. I have 28ore days!!!!
  2. Susan Frerichs
    Susan Frerichs
    I'm so sorry, that is hard to bear but heal and be healthy for your surgery.
  3. kpayden2000
    kpayden2000
    Sounds like you have a very good surgeon who want you to be at your best before surgery. Steroids are a big deal before surgery as the weaken your immune system and makes you more susceptible to infection, they also slow your wound healing. I love ethical surgeons who really care about the individual not just making money. Good luck next month.
  4. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    Yes. It's a semi hard pill to swallow, but I know he cares and that's why he said NO!!!! It's not the end of the world. I'll be good to go in a few weeks.
  5. Terps
    Terps
    Ugh...what a total drag. I can understand your frustration but so glad you have a surgeon looking out for your well being!!! July 14 will be here before you know it. Hang in there!
  6. SchoolRN
    SchoolRN
    I'm so sorry.
  7. SKRPY
    SKRPY
    I was originally scheduled for June 9th but the endoscopy showed H-Pylori but the GI never called me. I was on horribly strong antibiotics but finally had it done on June 17th. All better now. Really enjoying the broth and gelatin.☺️
  8. natalia17
    natalia17
    I'm sorry to hear about the delay! I had mine delayed d/t other medical issues, too, but I believe everything happens for a reason. It turns out the date of my surgery actually worked out better for me. I think that steroids really mess with you so it's good that you will be healthy for surgery to prevent complications.