Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone having sleeve surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital in Portland Oregon?

1. Iamageek
    Iamageek
    I am in the 6 month "pre bariatric surgery program" at Good Sam. Looking to chat with others about their journey and which Dr. you chose (Drs. Halpin, Reavis, Jan or Patterson) and why. I think the program is great and will help prepare me for the tough journey I am heading on! I started in May and have had no real success in losing weight yet as my remission of my pain disorder ended (remission lasted 10 years) so major stress right now. I need support! I do well by making good choices then fall off he wagon--yikes!
  2. ProHeadhunter
    ProHeadhunter
    I had surgery with Dr. Halpin. I STRUGGLED to lose weight for five years. The sleeve was my last ditch effort. I was tired of being tired and miserable. The surgery is AMAZING. I have three people in my town (Scappoose) who have had their surgeries with Halpin. No issues. I met another person during my visits to the office. She had Jan. All of us would do it again in a minute. Based on my experience versus the other persons testimony, I would refer Halpin to my mother first. She has the most experience and is the head of the practice. I am happy to chat with you or email privately. Ask me ANYTHING. I know it's REALLY hard and scary but honestly it is the BEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO.
  3. bigdawgz69
    bigdawgz69
    I Had Dr. Patterson, she is CEO, Medical Director, and Bariatric Surgeon at Oregon Weight Loss Surgery, LLC . My surgery date was September 3, 2014 and being 9 days post I feel amazing. Almost all pain is gone, my incisions are almost all healed except for some minor bruising in my abdomen I am good. It is all about not being bored at this point and drinking plenty of fluids. So going by your post date I would say you are a few months from your surgery. Good luck
  4. Iamageek
    Iamageek
    Thank you both so much! Upon further research into the physicians experience, qualifications and taking to the nurses at the hospital I decided on Dr. Reavis. Dr. Patterson has done it the longest but our personalities would clash as I am very confident person and have a strong medical background and ask too many technical, in depth questions, LOL. Dr. Reavis is a recognized national expert on non-invasive surgery and specializes in complicated stomach and eosaohageal cases as well as bariitaric surgery. It doesn't hurt he looks like Mat Damen either...