Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

June Sleevers Progress

1. InthelandofOZ
    InthelandofOZ
    My surgery is not until the 23rd - started my pre-op today.

I'd love to hear status updates/experiences from our "June 2014 Sleevers" groupies - so I know what to look forward to

Thanks and I wish you all the best!
  2. cmh81
    cmh81
    I just had my sleeve on 6/4/14, but I'm doing well so far. I feel alright and didn't have too much pain post-op. My biggest pain issue is that my neck is so stiff and sore, probably from the positioning during surgery. I'm also constantly freezing unless the house is about 75 degrees. I've always been easily overheated, so this is definitely a change. Hopefully I won't be so cold after I'm finished with the Lovenox injections. Other than that, everything is going great. I'm working toward my liquid and protein goals but haven't been able to hit them just yet. My doctors and nutritionist said it will take a little bit of time to get there, so I'm not worried.
  3. dbcassidy
    dbcassidy
    I had my surgery on June 4th as well.
    Spent two days in the hospital.
    Since coming home, I've been doing okay - No real pain from the incisions unless I really bend over, but I'm still feeling gas pains in my shoulder.
    To relieve the gas pain I'm taking the gas-x strips and doing a little of five minute walks around the yard.

I am also having a hard time getting to my protein and liquid goals. I can only east a couple of ounces of soft food at a time before I feel full and get the hiccups.
  4. Lorna
    Lorna
    Hi, I too am scheduled for the 23rd, just had my last appointment, the 4 hour physical, ugh! What a pain. My pre-op is one day, the day before, liquids only including protein drinks, the day of nothing but clear liquids. Why are these pre-ops so different from one another? I'm hoping it goes of without a hitch except for the dreaded 3 week stall. Thank God I don't have a scale, not interested in getting one just going to do what I am told to do and sip, walk, rest, sip, walk, rest.
  5. Pooky
    Pooky
    I had mine June 4th as well, and I feel better than I thought I would at this point. Honestly, I will admit that the first night, I was seriously saying to myself ... what the heck did I just do! But, I don't feel that way anymore at all. I pushed myself hard to walk around and it seemed to help with the gas. I had horrid gas in the hospital. I should thank our puppy for making me get up and take her outside for walks. I too am having a hard time getting all my protein and liquids in. I just can't seem to sip fast enough. But, after the first couple of days I am getting a good percentage of it in, and I think that helps to increase energy, for me anyway. In the immediate future, I'm looking forward to sleeping on my stomach again - sleeping on my back is just not working for me haha. I did sleep in our Lazy Boy chair the first couple of nights at home as it was most comfortable. My incisions don't hurt so much anymore except when bending to the ground also - they are starting to itch a little as they heal. I definitely feel my tummy grumbling every time I put anything other than water into it - hoping that means it's working right! .... good luck to you ... you'll do great!
  6. june528
    june528
    I was also done on the 4th. I'm doing pretty well. Overall soreness but no real pain. Pain in my lower back. Assuming it is gas that didn't make it up to the shoulder. Only on clear liquids and protein shakes. Hard to do the three shakes a day. Need to remind myself not to drink too quickly. Glad to hear we are all doing well and progressing more and more each day.
  7. Vicssleeve
    Vicssleeve
    Hi. I had my surgery on the 9th. I spent 2 nights in hospital and I am now back Home.
    The first night after the surgery was rough - I struggled with nausea but it all settled down the following day.
    I am feeling pretty good at the moment - not a lot of pain and coping ok with the fluids. I am finding that I need lots of rest though.
  8. Styleitup
    Styleitup
    Mine was on the 2nd. I got home from the hospital on the 4th and my grandma died She had a long good life it is just always sad and I will miss her. So I don't feel like I had time to properly heal! I choose not to tell anyone so it was uncomfortable when everyone was eating. I just said I wasn't feeling well. I just started to feel hungry but otherwise haven't had much of an appetite. I couldn't take the liquid pain medicine and they finally gave me a pill. That has been very helpful. I don't have a lot of pain but by the end of the day I am very sore.
  9. Stephjlee
    Stephjlee
    Surgery yesterday, I remember waking up in recovery thinking WHAT DID I JUST DO TO MYSELF???!!!!! Got pain meds in an slept most of yesterday. I'm home now about 24 hours after my surgery and I feel much better a bit sore but over all much better than yesterday. Having a hard time with fluids but pushing through it. I was making the nurses laugh at the hospital because of the laps I has making in the hall, I was so bored at the hospital I ham happy to be recovering at home.

PS! Gas X strips were soooooooo helpful get them!
  10. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    Day 3 since surgery on the 10th...

Doing ok. I felt great, although sore at the hospital, was released yesterday afternoon and felt my worst last night. I never once thought, why did I do this, it's all part of the process. Trying to help the gas escape is proving interesting. Apparently it has a mind of its own. Lol my routine today has been sip, sleep, walk, use the bathroom. I'm less sore than last night and I'm sure every day will get better. Right now my walks are to the end of our long driveway and back. Hoping to increase them by Saturday. Just trying not to push too hard as I'd like to go back to work on Tuesday.
  11. SDmom2two
    SDmom2two
    got home today - surgery on the 12th. In some ways harder than expected, some ways easier. I cant wait until I can have something of substance which will be hopefully thursday after doc appt. What I like is at week 6 it said shrimp - I love shrimp!
  12. jtharp723
    jtharp723
    I am one week postop today! I am back to work today, no pain what-so-ever! I really haven had any pain... soreness is what I would call it since I left the hospital last Tuesday. I have been able to get liquids down very easy, which surprised me! I started pureed food yesterday and find that I still crave chicken broth! I have been using the Protein XL shots with 24 grams of protein, (they aren't great, but tolerable), and the Unjury Protein Shakes (I got the sample pack on Amazon and the shake has 50 grams of protein). It takes me a while to get the shake down, but I can do it.

To be honest I feel great! And since last Tuesday, I am down 15.6 pounds! I am so glad I did this!
  13. SDmom2two
    SDmom2two
    I am this AM 4 days post op. Home yesterday afternoon. Got a smart water that has a little sippy top which helps with water. my movement has been mostly normal moving (light) stuff around. For the hospital you just have to tell yourself, its only a few days you can get past it. The first night as others have said was rough - slept about 2 hours at a time and needed pain meds (my doc did it so I had to call didnt have the automatic system) pretty much every 2 hours. Actually the worst part is the gas, which you cant really describe until you go through it. Also for me the IV "failed" so I had to have another put it which wasnt fun. They couldnt find a vein. Again its all stuff you just grit your teeth and get through. I have a SUPER low pain threshold so I am a complete wimp. So if there are any other pain questions I probably have answers!
  14. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    One week post op and down 15.5# in last two weeks. Down 7.5# since surgery. Doing well. Still tiring easily, but that will get better with time.
  15. lizann
    lizann
    I had my sleeve June 6th. So far I feel ok. I am not hungry at all. I gotta almost force myself to eat something. I noticed I am not getting the protein I should have, but then its difficult when I don't feel hungry. I go for a post op appt Thursday and will ask the doctor and nutritionist about the protein,eating and drinking since I feel full. I don't want to hurt me stomach or get sick.
  16. Terps
    Terps
    Thanks for the updates...so good to hear everyone is doing well. Surgery for me is in 2 days...I'm starting to get nervous and feeling pretty cruddy on the preop diet. Kindof looking forward to getting it over with so I can start the next chapter.
  17. SchoolRN
    SchoolRN
    My surgery is in the morning. The doctors office called yesterday and asked if they could video my surgery for their website. I am a Lap Band revision and a fairly low BMI so I'm not sure it that is why they picked me, but I told them yes. I think it will make the OR team be on their best behavior! LOL
  18. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    A week and a half out and I've finally found some energy! Yay! Looking forward to have some soft foods next week! This liquid is getting old!!!
  19. Terps
    Terps
    4 days post op.... Very tired today, but traveled yesterday and walked at least a couple of miles on beach and through San Diego. Actually a little light headed. Going to take a nap.

Drinking liquids pretty well. Had coconut water this morning and thought I was in heaven. Trying to decide if I should go into work tomorrow.
  20. DD65
    DD65
    I agree, Kristen, I'm a bit tired but feeling good. Today is my first day not taking a nap. I'm going to work tomorrow, but I'm sitting at a computer all day. Trying to stay off the scale. We got this!
  21. Terps
    Terps
    Glad you're staying off the scale!!! I gave in, but not worried. And I'm still very bloated, looking forward to that going away.
  22. kpayden2000
    kpayden2000
    This is my second week since surgery, no real pains, incisions barely visible. Have to remember not to eat so fast, I notice that I get hiccups very easily, taking it as my sign of being full. Not really hungry, this week goal is to try to walk after dinner and get at least 60grams of protein in.
  23. natalia17
    natalia17
    I'm post-op day 8 and ever day is better pain-wise and ability to eat-wise. The down side is that my incision sites broke out in to HORRIBLE RASHES last night, probably from the A&D ointment I used a few days ago. The glue they used instead of sutures may have done it, too. Guess I won't know for sure. The rashes even shocked the nurse when I sent her a picture because they look like horrible infections. So now I'm on Benadryl, Claritin, Atarax, and Hydrocortisone cream until the rash is gone. Man, you forget how bad it is to itch everywhere after not getting hives and things since childhood! But I'll take the rashes over getting nauseated any day! Can't wait to sleep on my stomach, too! But side it will be for a few more days. Glad to hear everyone is doing great! Everyone here is so supportive! You all impress me with going back to work!!
  24. kpetruzzelli
    kpetruzzelli
    I am almost a month post op. My procedure was June 11 and at my first post op I was 16lbs down. I have my second post op tomorrow, I'm afraid to hop on the scale ( it has been my enemy for so long). I feel good I can tolerate some foods better than others I have quickly learned NOT to drink COLD MILK FAST ( like I use to) I felt so sick. I love that my scrubs are loose and I am getting away from the H cup bra. Good luck
  25. Glamma2
    Glamma2
    I am 5 days post-op and go in for my first checkup tomorrow- I'm really hoping I get to add protein shakes tomorrow! I'm tired of sugar free jello, Popsicles, crystal lite- my fave is the broth. Day 3 was the worst for me- last bit of anesthesia hangover, wondering what the heck is done! But now I am feeling so much better and positive and as if a huge weight has been lifted from my psyche. (No pun intended!) I started craving scrambled eggs and a soy latte- much better than my normal double dates with Ben and Jerry. ;-). I hope this will remain- can't wait to go to the gym and start living my life without the "obesity" hanging over my head like a shame cloud!
  26. Kimmi1981
    Kimmi1981
    Hey Guys!

Had my surgery 16th June, and came back to work today and feel great!
    Was in hospital 2 nights, really struggled with fluids and sickness the first week but that seems to have passed thank god. Now on soft foods, can only just about manage an egg but least its something. Did suffer from reflux at the weekend and my nurse said it was from drinking too much/too fast. I now have that under control and havent suffered since
    No regrets, lost 22lb in the first 2 weeks after surgery so was very made up with that! Hoping to start swimming soon, just need to find me a swimming costume! Then back in the gym in 3 weeks, im actually looking forward to it!

Keep it up fellow sleevers xx
  27. Terps
    Terps
    June Sleevers rock!!!
  28. ally12867
    ally12867
    Okay.. so I am almost 3 weeks out and 12 # down... I am doing great, able to keep everything down so far.... but... I get the hiccups almost everytime I eat. I would rarely get the hiccups before. Has anyone else experienced this?
  29. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    Lost 20 in the first 2 weeks and past two weeks. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    Nothing in the past two weeks.
  31. cmh81
    cmh81
    I finally broke the dreaded 3 week stall, and my scale is moving again!
  32. SDmom2two
    SDmom2two
    Sleeved June 12, as of this AM am 20lbs down from day of surgery and 30lbs down from when I started the pre op diet. First time under 220 in a really really long time - yeah! I can actually think about the number 199 at this point - then is the celebration!!
  33. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    I have been MIA for a while. Not good as the administrator of this group! SORRY!!!

I'm doing well. I have found that, if not for the heat and humidity, I'm beginning to enjoy exercise again. I can jog without my knees protesting loudly! YAY! I don't jog far...or fast...but I jog and that's a step in the right direction. Looking into a gym membership, but we live so far outside the city limits that finding a gym that accomodates the hours of my hectic schedule is a challenge. I can pretty much eat whatever I want. I'm still erring on the side of caution for now. As of next week, all of my restrictions will be lifted. I can eat about 1/2 cup at a time as long as I eat slowly. Twice I've eaten too fast and was rewarded with a bout of nausea that lasted a few minutes. Other than that, I have no complaints! I weeded through my closet this past weekend. Passing on some tops that just "look" big on me. Actually bought a few new ones that I should be able to wear for a while and tried on some other things that I would have never tried on before. I am excited to see how much more my body will change! I'm down 2 sizes and a little over 30# since 6/2. And guess what???? If I stalled, I never noticed because I choose to stay off the scale! No frustration, no anxiety. That's the answer for those that are driven by that number that stares back at you on the scale. Just stay off of it! I am at my lowest weight since 2003/2004. I couldn't be happier to be gaining my life back. One other thing...I feel so much more in control of my eating than what I did before. I have learned what my limits are and I know that there are consequences to going beyond them. Overeating is no longer a problem! I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!
  34. lavishcorpchic
    lavishcorpchic
    Sleeved June 18th. Today is 5 weeks post op. I'm down 35lbs since leaving the hospital. I've slowed down alot with losing the pounds but from reading it seems i'm on track with everyone else. I'm still having a hard time figuring out what to eat. i'm on softfoods now. Any suggestions?
  35. Glamma2
    Glamma2
    I did think I would lose a bit faster however, I think it's good for the skin tone not to lose drastically fast. Today is 4 weeks since my surgery, down 24 pounds since surgery, 32 pounds since my highest in October 2013. For me, I don't like the lack of daily bm's. I have suffered a bit from anemia because I donated blood right before surgery- silly, but I didn't know if I'd be able to after surgery and I'm a universal donor. I've never been anemic before and it has made me so tired-haven't been able to work out as much as I thought; however, I am unfreezing my gym membership August 4th and am heading back to the gym no matter what. I'm taking iron and focusing on protein as food source. Find myself craving salad! I am happiest to have lost much of my sweet tooth- but I must admit that I was a bit unaware of the extent that food was my closest companion to my daily routines, especially evenings.