Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery this Thursday 6/12 - worried about food I have eaten - input

1. SDmom2two
    SDmom2two
    I am worried as I have gone off the pre op diet a bit - I have been heavy on protein but have had a few beers and some carbs. Vitamins and protein all good. Can I get your input? I have this fear as I worry I am putting myself at risk. any input or candid remarks appreciated - now forward I am going to be on liquids and protein. Again thanks
  2. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    Every Dr is different. I have a friend that had zero restrictions up to 24 hrs prior and then she had one day of clear liquids. I would do your body a favor and avoid those things the next few days.

Good luck.
  3. Bill 59101
    Bill 59101
    It is important to stick with the diet, but I am sure they expect people to slip once in a while. I guess it depends on how far into your diet you are. I would make sure that you stick with it for as much of the two weeks as possible. You may want to consult your Dr. to be sure.
  4. reinventme
    reinventme
    I did too. The supplements didnt agree with me well so that didnt help. Plant fusion and nectar are a couple i am thinking of trying post surg
  5. Imblesssed71
    Imblesssed71
    During our dr. visit, my dr. talked about the importance of sticking with the protein liquid diet. Alcohol was definite No-No! But as others said all drs are different. However, I doubt it if they cancel your surgery because of it.
  6. SDmom2two
    SDmom2two
    Now on the other side all is fine - I have followed all to the letter so far with pre and post op eating. Now I have to say I feel kind of "clean" after the great flushing of my body I am doing!
  7. kpayden2000
    kpayden2000
    It's fine, they are well aware how difficult it is to stay on a dieting regime or we wouldn't need their assistance. Once you are sleeved you will be able to make more healthier choices because the cravings is gone. You will be find!