Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Depressed

1. Cookie51
    Cookie51
    Hi Everyone - so I've gained 20 lbs and started liquids on June 1, 2014 to jump start my weight loss. I was going to do the five day pouch test - which requires all liquids for the first two days. I decided that I would do liquids all week since may times surgeons require it pre op. Exhale - so by Wed June 4 - I had lost 6 lbs and was so excited and motivated that I thought about doing the liquid diet for two weeks. This morning - I felt thinner - so I weighed. I GAINED 3 lbs. Now, I'm back up to 214. What can I do? Does anyone have any suggestions to help me?

I'm desperate!
  2. Cobie
    Cobie
    First of all....Fantastic that you're making an effort to put yourself back on track with your weight loss. That's a very positive step you've taken. Sometimes a weight gain says our bodies are shutting down because they (our bodies) don't know when we'll get our next meal. An all liquid diet could mean that's what is happening OR our weight can increase and decrease by 2-3 pounds daily due to water retention. The gain of 3 lbs. could be a little water and your metabolism slowing down. Did you increase your exercise? Maybe give that a try, it can't hurt and it might be just enough to get that metabolism going again. You'll get those lbs. off again in no time. Go back to when you first realized surgery was approved and how motivated you were try to get that same feeling back again. You can do it!
  3. stcoleman323
    stcoleman323
    Have you been paying attention to what you are eating and drinking? Rmember your BMR .....your weight times 12 equals what your body burns in calories doing nothing. As long as you don't go over that amount you will maintain your current weight. If you decrease by 500 less calories a day, in 7 days you will loose a pound. 3500 calories equal 1 pound so 500 x 7 =3500.