Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi June Sleevers!

1. kenziesmom_2000
    kenziesmom_2000
    I am set to have surgery on the 13th. for the past 7 months working towards this day i have been excited and anxious to do it.... until monday ... lol i had my final appt with my surgeon and had to fill out all the forms and consents... i felt a wave of nausea like "OMG i am REALLY doing this!" it was crazy! lol i am practically obsessed with this entire procedure, i have been reading and studying and talking to people and preparing, but it didnt hit me until i signed those stupid papers... don't get me wrong i am still anxious and excitted... buuuuttt ... anybody else feeling like this? my butterflies are growing into bats! lol
  2. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    I haven't had those kinds of thoughts, but I'm super excited and honestly the most excited I've been about losing weight and being a healthier version of myself than I have for a long time. This time next week I will be on the sleeved side! Can't wait!!!!
  3. jtharp723
    jtharp723
    Yes, I can totally understand! The last two days have been a whirl wind for me... When I started the process of getting insurance approved back in March, I was originally told my surgery would be first week in June... Then had EGD done the last week of May and my doctor's office submitted my final approval to insurance on May 23rd. Got the approval from insurance company on Monday, June 2nd. My family goes on an annual vacation to Garner State Park and the Frio River at the Saturday after the Fourth of July every year... This year we go July 5-13. I was told I would not be able to get into the water so soon after the surgery by the nurses at my doctors office. So... I elected to wait to have surgery July 15th after we get back from the river. Then yesterday afternoon I had my final required visit to my doctor/surgeon... Talked to him about my trip to the Frio and he said there is no reason I should not be able to get into the river when we go and why would I want to put off my surgery another 5 weeks! So now my surgery is scheduled for Monday morning June 9th at 9:30 AM!! Today I went to get my blood work done and get preregistered at the hospital. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time! I can't believe the time is so near!! Good luck to all of you!!!
  4. amella50
    amella50
    I totally understand you kenz! I just had my post op appointment today and my surgery is for Tuesday june 10, I am a nervous wreck but also excited! Listen Kenz, courage is not ever being afraid, true courage is being transparent, admitting you are afraid of something and then still doing that thing you are afraid of anyways even though it scares the pants off you!! LOL hopefully after next week when we are both done with our surgeries, we can both be on here laughing and happy that it is all over with and ready for our new journey!
  5. Bendita
    Bendita
    Count me in Amella!! I'm also having mine on the 10th, Godwilling and all being well!