Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hospital payment

1. Stephjlee
    Stephjlee
    I have a question for those of you filing insurance.... At my pre -op with the hospital today they gave me an estimate of $1,560 for my portion. Now I happen to work in the medical field and make it a point to know my benefits (for the record EVERYONE should make an effort to know their insurance benefits) not to mention that my husband just had this surgery a year ago with the same insurance..... anyway I called the insurance company and they said absolutely not that I only owe the hospital copay of $250. How many people have had a different estimate from their insurance and the hospital??
  2. Pooky
    Pooky
    I certainly did have a different estimate than what it ended up being, and I work for the insurance company so i also make it a point to know my benefits. I can't remember the details but the hospital folks were a bit off on their estimate.
  3. terribrown71
    terribrown71
    I had the same issue as you except mine was 4083.00. It was explained to me that it is now policy to get the rest of the deductible and your 20% (max out of pocket) up front due to the amount of people not paying after final billing. They want the remainder of the max out of pocket and the rest of deductible if any.
  4. Stephjlee
    Stephjlee
    I had the hospital call and talk to the same person I did, low and behold I WAS RIGHT! A supervisor called and apologized for the confusion. Those folks could have made a 1300 mistake I never would have got back.