Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Where does hubby stay night of surgery?

1. Terps
    Terps
    Hi everyone,

After surgery we stay the night at the hospital, right? If my husband comes with me, can he stay the night at the hospital with me or does he stay at the hotel?

Thanks!
  2. cduw25
    cduw25
    He stays at the hotel...
  3. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    They won't allow him to spend the night at the hospital; however, they will allow him to wait in recovery with you until
    Late evening. The shuttle driver will take him back to the hotel so check with them on departure time. The following day, you should return to the hotel early afternoon so there is no need for him to go back to the hospital. I suggest he bring snacks while he waits on you the day of your surgery. My mom was starving!
  4. BBLovesBB
    BBLovesBB
    He stays in the hotel. Hi I just got home
  5. Terps
    Terps
    BB, you just got home?? How are you feeling?
  6. Empress
    Empress
    I'm thinking of taking my little sister with me (she is 19) but I'm really nervous about her being alone for a night. I'm thinking that I should just go alone because I don't want to worry about her.
  7. Leslie L.
    Leslie L.
    My surgery is in March and my daughter will be going. She will barely be 20. Kinda worried about her being alone in Mexico as well
  8. FallenAshes
    FallenAshes
    I'm having my surgery oct 17. 5 days! I went with my mom when she had hers in January by dr. Almanza and when I took the shuttle home the night of her surgery I was a bit scared too but honestly you meet the nicest people while your there that you all kind of become this giant family that looks out for one another. The surgery patients bond and the family/guests of the patients bond, it's very neat. After I arrived at the hotel after my moms surgery there was about 5 of us and we were all starving, but the hotel restaurant was already closed. So we all decided to walk together to this great taco place a block and a half from the hotel. I felt really safe and comfortable. And slept well by myself with the company of the rooms tv and my phone lol...until mom knocked at the door around 5:30am ish.
  9. Denise Foremam
    Denise Foremam
    I'm having surgery Nov 27th, I was hoping because it will be Thanksgiving no one else will be there and they would let my husband stay with me.
  10. ABetterBrandi
    ABetterBrandi
    Not likely. They have women's and men's rooms so there is a privacy issue for other patients, also there is no official waiting room only chairs in the hall.

My husband and I had the same concerns, but when the time came, it really was ok.
  11. Denise Foremam
    Denise Foremam
    Thank you Brandi, your comments are always appreciated and very Helpful.