Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

One month post op and doing fine!

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    The 28th came and gone and it was only last night that I realized it had been a month since I was sleeved! Now what was revealing to me was that on the 28th of this mo. I didn't even connect the date with the date I was sleeved! To me this is awesome because I feel like for the first time in my life I am not obsessed about losing wt and obsessed about how much wt. I have or have not lost with in a certain time frame! To me this tells me that I am truly living in the moment!

Before being sleeved I was a mess emotionally and physically.. Going up, down, the scale not moving at all was truly harming me emotionally. Now I know that day by day, week by week and month by month, at least for the first 18 mos. post op I will lose wt. My mind is no longer obsessed with the day to day caged wall I allowed myself to be imprisoned. I do not measure my successes according to how others are doing....

I am free and this is my journey as it relates to me!!!!

How has being sleeved affected your journey?

Be well and be happy!

Gracie
  2. Juliebythec
    Juliebythec
    Good luck to you! It has been 8 months for me and I wouldn't change a thing. Just wait until you go shopping for clothes in a few months. Heavenly!
  3. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    I know, right????

I always have been a gurlie gurl on the inside but just as comfy in jeans and a t-shirt.... I want to keep the jeans and t-shirts for super casual days/nights but dress up as often as I can!!! I have never really been able to do that and so looking forward to it!!! Who says one is too old to dress up in style??? NOT me!