Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

passport question

1. debbieintexas
    debbieintexas
    Hi

I have been talking to lindsey at Dr office. I explained my passport issue and she said i should have no issue getting back to united states with just my birth certificate, drivers licensee, and social security card. I may to pay 300.00 fine. Anyone else been told this?
  2. Saraslick
    Saraslick
    Not about the fine... I've called and discussed this twice with them too... Just was told about bringing your DL and BC
  3. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    I just had my surgery a few weeks ago and only used my birth cert and drivers license with no problems at all and no fee.
  4. Saraslick
    Saraslick
    How'd you like your visit?
  5. Thinme
    Thinme
    When I went there were 3 with no passport and one didn't have his current drivers license. Someone misplaced his passport and the border guards asked him question and just showed the drivers license they let us cross without an issue after extensive questioning.
  6. Peachybroo
    Peachybroo
    Just an FYI, we took just our BC and DL and were definitely stopped and questioned extensively about why we didn't have a passport. The border agent was not happy and asked why we took the advice of our Dr's office over looking at the Federal Regulations. I highly recommend getting a passport if possible.
  7. Allfire
    Allfire
    I had an expired Passport and was worried sick. But it's so easy. I went online and got the paperwork, printed it. Filled it out, took it to the post office. They helped me put a rush on it and a little money later, I got my new passport in less then 2 weeks. I was scared to let them mail my old one and thinking that if I don't get my new one, I couldn't go. But it came easy before 2 weeks.
    You can get your picture for it at Walgreens.
  8. Rezgirl
    Rezgirl
    debbieintexas I was told the same thing but nothing about a fee. I had asked if my guest and i would be able to bring our drivers license and birth certificate and she said that yes that would be fine.