Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

10 days and counting!

1. jolieslp
    jolieslp
    I went to the surgeon on Monday, and he is pleased with my progress. My BMI is now 56 (55 is where he wants it). But, he says I am so close, and I still have the liquid diet phase, that we are a go. June 3. I can't wait! Making a list of things that I need to do in the next 10 days! My poor kids - I feel some housecleaning coming on!
  2. Pooky
    Pooky
    Awesome! Good for you! I am June 4th, and I am making my list too! Good luck to you, and I'll be sending happy thoughts your way!
  3. june528
    june528
    That's great. I'm on June 4th too. Started my preop diet this week. Not real happy with it but it's what I have to do. Good luck to both of you.
  4. SoniaDarlene
    SoniaDarlene
    I am on June 2nd and my doc wants me to do a 2 week liquid diet only. I have lost 9 lbs in one week! Obviously, this type of diet is non sustainable long term. As it is, if I was not getting the surgery I know I would have already cheated on this diet, but I have not obviously.
    My kids are ages 12, 9, 6 and 5. My husband and I are going to do this together. We are leaving the kids in care of relatives. Kids think we are going on a 2nd honeymoon. Too much to explain and justify for them. I hope that is the right thing to do....
  5. Styleitup
    Styleitup
    Sonia what are you drinking on your liquid diet?
  6. june528
    june528
    I have a 9 yr old. I have told him simple things about my surgery. I'll be in the hospital. Daddy will take care of you. It will make me healthier and skinny. He's very fixated on my weight so I felt I had to tell him something.
  7. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    I too have been making lists and making some simple changes in the weeks leading up to my June 10th surgery. I've started my vitamins...all of them. I decided that with two weeks to go, that gives me two weeks to get my house in order. Surely I can do that in two weeks! LOL Boys will be out of school the week I'll be off following surgery and they really are good kids and will help if I need them to.

Getting excited!!!!