Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Antibiotics pills

1. cduw25
    cduw25
    Do I have to finish taking theses? They make me gag!
  2. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    They made me gag too! But it's VERY important that you finish them. I was splitting them in half and would feel nauseous so afterwards I started swallowing them whole. It still made me gag but not as bad. Also, I found out that those pills are not to be crushed or split anyways!
  3. prfemfate
    prfemfate
    Yes, you should take all of the antibiotics that they have provided to you. Dr. Almanza performed my surgery, he was great!

Happy heeling!
  4. Misd75
    Misd75
    Thanks for the advise they just told us to crush our! I will do mine whole tomorrow
  5. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    I was told to crush mine as well and even bought a pill crusher but here is a line from the FDA.gov website:

"Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, crush or chew the tablet"

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/D.../UCM088572.pdf
  6. jenifer
    jenifer
    I nurse told me to crush them and I vomit the whole thing. When I read the paper to take home it says do not crush you will vomit. When I got home I asked the doctor to change it to liquid because I couldn't swallow it at all.
  7. bellsandroses
    bellsandroses
    I don't know how often you have to take the pills because my surgery is July 4th. But I have taken Cepro before and I took it at night to avoid the nausea. Especially since you can eat saltines or anything. I have a full bottle of water and drink as much as you can to get down.
  8. Ronagirl1016
    Ronagirl1016
    I only took 3 pills, & they made me very nauseous.. As soon as I got back to the states I had my PCP put me on liquid antibiotics. Much easier to take & taste better too. Good luck.
  9. Terps
    Terps
    I'm finishing the pack. I cut them at first but now am taking them whole. Very important to complete antibiotics!
  10. llburbach
    llburbach
    I take mine whole and I am a nurse plus a rotten patient who hates taking pills every day but I would always tell my patients (and even myself) take them all. You will avoid the extra cost of a hospital stay if you get an infection.