Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How's everyone doing?

1. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    Just wanted to hear how everyone is doing?

My surgery was Feb 5... I'm down about 50 lb. My friend had surgery 1 week prior to me and he is down almost 100lb! Amazing! He's always comparing his weight loss to mine, which can be frustrating...but I'm still pretty excited about my 50 lb!! 100 more to go! haha

Check in-- I would love to hear how everyone is doing... and are you getting your protein? I'm trying so hard, but I'm just not getting it in...and the flavor of the granulated powder is so bad to me :/
  2. Chonda
    Chonda
    Hi.. I had mine on Feb 17 and I'm down 63 lbs as of Sunday. I still struggle with my protein to at least get my 60g in. but I do what I can. Real food has been my down fall this week. I don't know why but making healthy decisions fell to the waist side this week .But I'm running more every day so I don't feel as guilty about my poor choices... I know it will pass... My protein go to right now rather than the premixed drinks are 1 scoop of unjury unflavored protein, one pack of great value cherry limeade drink mix and about 12-16 oz of super cold water and shake it all up in a shaker cup... for 21 g of protein...
  3. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    I am on and off with my protein but I do try hard... I do pretty good during the week and then a few bad choices on the weekends... I have been at a two week stall right now... I am down a total of 50 (40 post op) and I had my surgery on 2/18... I am feeling great and really proud... What I am bad at is getting my exercise in, I have 3 kids and all active in something so we are running constantly... HOwever I know I have to make me time... I did a workout video 2 times last week, and today I am doing a 5k poker walk her at work at lunch... I just really need to try harder...
  4. 1happygrl
    1happygrl
    WOW! I had Surgery on Feb 26th. Everyone is doing so great. I am down 47lbs since my surgery! I am still drinking my protein drinks and I am doing a great job with my vitamins. I have only been going to the gym once a week. My goal is 4 times a week. You guys are really inspiring! I am so happy with the surgery and I love to see how we are all doing together.
  5. Deejaycee76
    Deejaycee76
    Hey all! 2/10 surgery here. Pre op on Jan 13th I was 401. This morning I'm 292. Killin it!!!
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I'm doing well in that I feel great and off all meds, blood sugar is normal and blood pressure is 113/72. My weightloss is not fast, I had surgery on feb 7 and I have lost approx 25lbs. I haven't weighed myself since may 7 and am afraid to now as it may be disappointing. This surgery has shown me that I'm not crazy, I could never have lost even this much weight without it, my metabolism is a mess from so many years of dieting. I will get to goal eventually and still so happy i gave this gift to myself.
  7. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Me again, I don't always get my protein in and water in and I too have days of bad choices but because I have chosen to eat what ever I want my issues with food are changing. My feeling is that a bad choice is a small amount so I allow it and so many of my cravings have gone. Also I have kept all my hair, a fair trade for slow weightloss.
  8. natex14
    natex14
    I am doing great. Currently training for a 100 mile bike ride. I am slowly getting there and did a 40 mile ride this past Sunday. I was 280 at the start of the process, 271 at surgery and I'm 224 now. I enjoyed reading all your updates. It's amazing how well you guys are doing.
  9. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I had surgery on feb 26 and so far ive lost 44 lbs as for protein I have good days and bad days I try to range from 30-90 grams on protein while keeping check on my kidney function as well. Ive been able to cut one blood pressure med by half and as of today my asthma meds have been cut and I still haven't had to take a sliding scale insulin shot. I really struggle with exercising as I find it boaring and I haven't found anything that I really enjoy. Ive tried zumba, gym exercise videos but do not enjoy any of it. I was reciently able to walk a whole block without getting short of breath. Its been slower due to my thyroid and my seizure meds can cause weight gain and increased appitite. It was the best decision ive even made and ill be 3 mos out next tuesday
  10. Bnbdaddy
    Bnbdaddy
    Hello everyone, had my surgery on February 20.
    Down 52 pounds. Looks like I have about 10 more to go.
    Doing okay on protein, sometimes I eat to fast and too much and get sick.
    Need to start taking vitamins, what do you folks take?
  11. RobinT
    RobinT
    I had surgery on February 10. I'm 44 pounds since I started the program, 34 pounds since surgery. I have 36 pounds to go. My blood sugar and blood pressure were normal when I left the hospital and have been good without medication since. I try to walk five miles a day but don't usually get more than four in. I've been using a FitBit to track exercise and food, and it's been a big help.

I get 60-80 grams of protein most days. If I'm low I have a scoop of Unjury in milk. That takes care of half the day's requirement. I'm not usually drinking 64 oz of fluids. The more active I am the more I can drink. I'm trusting my body to tell me what it needs. If I'm hungry but have eaten what I should I know I'm a little dehydrated and force myself to drink.

I've gone from a size 18/20 to a 14. I can wear size 12 jeans but they're too snug. Getting them on is one thing, fitting in them is another.

I feel fantastic. I'd do this all over again without a second thought and wish I'd done it sooner.
  12. Metread
    Metread
    Doing great! Had my 3 month check up today (a little late) surgery on 2/7 and I am down 69lbs as of today! So glad I made this decision.
  13. phd
    phd
    Surgery on 2/18, down a total of 51 lbs. Still have 45 to go. Getting 60 grams of protein from two Premier shakes/day. Take Nature Made vitamin for "Her" and sublingual biotin and b 12 when I remember. Need to improve my efforts on working out. Down from size 22/24 to 16/18. (18 too big but 16 too snug). Weight coming off slower last 3-4 weeks...I feel like I'm learning how to be a "non-eater." Just protein shakes and a few bites I now call a meal. Hate having to eat so slow and chew past the point of pureed in order to not feel choked/stuffed in a way I never felt before in my life. So, still wrapping my mind around the whole new role food has in my life. Or, lack thereof. Just wish I'd done it 10 years ago when I first considered it. Would love to have spent the last 10 years in a slim body.
  14. JenMN
    JenMN
    Had my sleeve done on Feb 3rd down 93 lbs 20 are pre op. My weight loss has slowed incredibly this last month. For the last two months I have been losing a ton of hair. My clothes hang on me at this point down from size 28 to 24 been pulling out old clothes that I'm able to fit into again. I have hypothyroidism and have had my dosage dropped from 250 to 200 so that's good. I still have a problem with a lack of energy, but my feet and knees don't hurt like they used to, so many pluses to having this surgery just wish I would have done it years ago!
  15. Jphat
    Jphat
    Hi everyone! Its good to hear that everyone is doing so great. I had surgery on 2/17 and im down 65lbs since then. I have reached a point where im not loosing as much as I was in the beginning. Im trying to work out at least 4 times a week during my lunch hour since we do have a gym here in our building at work. As far as the protein goes, I have not been drinking it as i should be but also because I have gone through three big cans of the Whey protein and I just haven't bought any more. My food intake has been ok. All though my choices of food have not been the very best, wise choices, I still manage to eat very little. i do find myself getting hungry more often through out the day though. Is any one else experiencing this?

I have to be better at drinking more water and cutting down my sugar intake. I think i have taken advantage of it for about a month but now its time to buckle down and get back on track. There are times when I eat things i know i shouldnt and I beat myself up over it.

Hope everyone continues to do great and keep posting your progress. Thanks friends for the inspiration, motivation and support!!!