Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Today is the Day

1. thinnerdb
    thinnerdb
    I am here in Mexico, it is 530am. I will be picked up at 9am in the lobby and scheduled for the sleeve at 11am. I am obviously nervous since I'm up this early, but still ready for this!
    I am scheduled with Dr Otiz at Mi Hospital through A lighter Me. I arrived yesterday in San Diego around 3pm. Was picked up immediately by Abraham. From the start he made us (myself and my support person) feel welcome. The ride to the hospital for our EKG and Blood work was just long enough to get to know the other ladies, about 1 hour and that included a stop at the gas station (gas is $4.07 in SD) and a stop by the bank.
    Today there are 4 surgeries scheduled. We all went through the pre-op together which kept us talking and laughing during the 2 hours we were sitting at the hospital.
    We were then driven to the hotel and check in was quick, easy and friendly. The rooms are nice and clean and they give us a few free amenities, which is very nice! My guest and I eat at the hotel restaurant , i have the chicken broth, which as very good, and jello, which was ok. He had steak, bread, french fries and 3 margaritas! He said the food was "OK" too, but I'm sure it was great and the "OK" was for my benefit. Truth is from the moment this started I told him that this is something I have to battle for the rest of my life, so to be his self and help me test my will power! This, after all, is our vacation this year since we spent that money on this trip.
    Two ladies will be picked up at 6am and us (the remaining 2) will be picked up at 9am. I was very happy to hear the pick up times were staggered. Not sure if i could have sat in the hospital for 3 extra hours.
    OK going to try to get a bit more sleep then back and prepare for my hospital stay.
  2. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    GOOD LUCK!!!! You will be happy once its over!
  3. Chonda
    Chonda
    you'll do great! Dr. Ortiz is wonderful! Just do as they say.. Once you can get up and walk about!
  4. depatric3
    depatric3
    good luck on your journey. It is true, this is going to be a battle of all battles. But you can do it. I had my surgery on April 12th and have had my battles but all in all, I think I made the right choice. GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPY FAST HEALING
  5. Susan Frerichs
    Susan Frerichs
    Speedy recovery and liquid dreams. If they were sweet, you'd wake up hungry!
  6. rescue
    rescue
    Good luck to you.. Best wishes to a speedy recovery!!
  7. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    Hope your day is smooth and easy! I am glad they staggered the pick ups too. I HATE waiting. LOL Mine is scheduled for 6-9-14 with Dr. Elias Ortiz through A Lighter Me, so I won't be long.
  8. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    Hope you're doing great!
  9. lchein
    lchein
    thinnerdb, I am in Mi Doctor Hospital right now, surgery was Monday. I am going back to the hotel on Thursday if my leak test was good. I used Dr Lopez. I hope you are feeling well and getting around ok.