Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Feeling discouraged

1. goddess0823
    goddess0823
    I was sleeved 3/5/14 I have loss a total of 29 lbs. Most of that was the first 2 weeks. I had a 3 week stall loss a few more lbs and now I'm still stuck at 29lbs. Is this what they call a slow loser or should I be concerned? I just thought I would lose weight weekly and that is not happening. My nutritionist said i need more calories and protein to get my weight loss going since I workout. I barely can get in the 60g of protein and I'm definitely under 800 calories. How much have you guys loss are you averaging weight loss weekly?
  2. BetsyP
    BetsyP
    I've lost 30 and I'm in the same boat as you. No loss for the past two weeks. I'm hoping it's a short lived plateau.
  3. BetsyP
    BetsyP
    Forgot to mention that I was sleeved on 03/19.
  4. Terribj
    Terribj
    I eat between 500 -700 calories and that is a struggle. ( i find no joy in eating so I force it--I hope that will change down the road) I do try to get my 60+ grams of protein in. I also work really hard on my water. 64 oz -that can be challenging. My weight loss picked up last week when I started really working out. 3 days of strength and 3 days of cardio (1 day of rest). I am lucky as my weight loss has been steady. It's been 2-2.5 pounds a week since the 3rd week.
    I'm 8 weeks out and have lost 35 pounds.

I would make sure you are getting your water and protein in....that is the key!!
    It will come--just keep going
  5. goddess0823
    goddess0823
    Thanks guys I know I need to do better getting more protein and water. It's just so hard. I'm literally eating or drinking untill I go to bed just so I can meet the minimum goal. I hate that stuffed feeling but I guess I have to get creative. I refuse not to lose more weight. I didn't go under the knife and have complications the first 2 weeks for nothing. This fat better go away! Forever! LOL!
  6. absherkathy
    absherkathy
    Hang in there do what the doc tells you. I think we all get discouraged. i am loosing one pound a week and to be honest i have cheated a couple of times. So cant except miracles if i dont do what I am supposed to . i am a self pay so 13 k and 250.00 a month I am more determined than anything get off the wagon hop right back on.
  7. denise.jordan39
    denise.jordan39
    I was sleeved the same day as you and to be honest, I don't over think this. I just follow the rules. Take all my vitamins, protein first, eat SLOWLY so you realize when you're full. I try to drink a glass of water before it's time to eat. I believe stressing about it shuts our bodies down. Are the people on here stressing because they're not losing weight, or are they not losing weight BECAUSE they're stressing? It's something to ponder.
  8. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    I am so glad to read this post. I am losing about 2 pounds a week. It is so hard for me to consume more then 500 calories. I try really hard. Nearly all of my calories are protein. I am drinking about 48 ounces of water and about 16 ounces of unsweet tea. I was sleeved March 14th. I have not had any stalls but definitely slowed down. I am trying to follow the rules and was told by the nutritionist to just hang in there.
  9. absherkathy
    absherkathy
    I am one year out and I am starving and could eat a full meal if i wanted but of course I wont. I got down to 107 but slowly creeping up to 112. I would like to be at 105 on average. Remember people I am only 4'9" . You guys say you get full not . I dont get full very seldom. I eat well but snack bad. I eat cottage cheese for breakfast or a yogurt then salmon and soup for lunch and usually something decent for dinner. The snacking is what kills me. The girls at work have candy all the time. Just discouraged I guess. Good days and bad days.
  10. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Be happy with your current achievements. I am 114 and I eat all of the time. I am just seriously cautious about what I eat. I find my weight is most steady on weeks that I eat something every 2-3 hours. Do not forget exercise is key in maintaining your weight. My weight has been stable since January. I fluctuate up to 116 and then back down to 114. This is a normal occurrence. If you are consistently gaining you should probably do brisk walks 30-45 minutes daily. Also be very cautious of what you snack on. I admit I have had periods of eating donuts daily...bad habit. It only made me have to work out even harder. All things in moderation. I don't eat like that often. I also do 45 minutes of high intensity circuit training 3 times per week and Cardio 3 times per week mixed with strength training.