Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Phase 3 Meal Ideas!

1. Kalafaye
    Kalafaye
    HI!! I'm so excited to start Phase 3 (Puree) tomorrow!!! I was wondering if we could all post some delish ideas for this stage.. I'm so tired of protein pudding...lol

I know that tomorrow I'm going to make some SUPER tender pulled pork and run it through the ninja a couple times. I'm really looking forward to that! hahahaha!!!!
  2. cmharders
    cmharders
    I am almost 5 weeks out and have a few pureed and soft recipes and foods I love. Happy to share some ideas!!

*Underwood white meat chicken spread - love this stuff. At first I ate a bit of this just by itself but now I eat it on a couple of crackers
    *Shrimp cocktail - 6 ounces cooked shrimp, 2 Tbsp cocktail sauce and a squeeze of lemon. This purees great! I use canned baby shrimp
    *Garlic chicken salad - 1 can of white meat chicken, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2 Tbsp of mayo. This purees great and works on soft stage
    * Parmesan Tilapia -
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/8 cup soft butter
    3 Tbsp mayo
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp onion powder
    Mix all ingredients and spread on 4 tilapia fillets and broil 2-3 minutes on each side. I love this because it's soft but so flavorful
    * Turkey chili - really good, freezes well and easily purees -
    1 lb ground turkey
    1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
    1 small can tomato paste
    1 small can diced tomatoes
    1 can beans ( i like black beans but you can use kidney beans)
    1/4 cup salsa of your choice
    Seasoning to your taste: garlic powder, cumin, seasoning salt, chili powder
    Saute onions till translucent then add turkey and brown. Add seasonings of your choice and then all canned ingredients. Mix well and simmer for at least an hour.
  3. Michele Kaye
    Michele Kaye
    Thanks for the good ideas for meals that can be purée or soft.
  4. airmaleguy@gmail.com
    airmaleguy@gmail.com
    I've been sticking to cottage cheese, Greek yogart, and soups.
  5. cmharders
    cmharders
    Of course cottage cheese and greek yogurt are my staples! I also have a recipe for chicken taco meat that comes out so soft but really yummy:

Chicken tacos
    2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1 or 2 envelopes taco seasoning of your choice
    1 small can tomato sauce
    Place the chicken thighs in slow cooker and cook on high for at least 6 hours. I usually cook them overnight on low. 1 hour before serving, add taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Cook on low another hour. The chicken comes out really good. My family eats this on soft taco shells with all the fixings, I eat the meat minus the tortilla but with a little cheese and sour cream on top. I have also made this without the tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Just cook the chicken thighs with a small can of diced mild chiles.
  6. Suefitz
    Suefitz
    Love the slow cooker idea. Thanks!
  7. dietingdonna
    dietingdonna
    I make chicken burgers with ground chicken or turkey and one patty will make 6 meals for you now!!!
  8. Kalafaye
    Kalafaye
    These are great! I made these the other night and they were AMAZING!

Turkey and Wild Mushroom Meatloaf Patties with Pan Gravy Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

The only difference was that I didn't actually make the patties.. i just mixed them all together and mixed in the gravy. My fiance had it with some couscous.. I just had this and it was SO GOOD!
  9. cmharders
    cmharders
    The turkey meatloaf patties sound great!! Have to try it!