Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

3 days post op--bruising?

1. skunky78
    skunky78
    Hi all,

I'm 3 days post op and feeling better. However, when I went to look at my incisions this morning, I noticed some bruising around my stomach. One bruise is right on one of the incisions but another bruise is off to the right and nowhere near an incision site. Is this normal? Has anyone else had bruising post op? Thanks for everything, rock on guys!
  2. Kellyef3
    Kellyef3
    The bruising showed up around day 2 or 3 and some of it has gone, but there is still some I have and I'm 10 days out. Just like any other bruise, I'm sure they will go away pretty quick. Mine doesn't even hurt. Just looks purple
  3. Traci
    Traci
    I'm 3 weeks out and still have some pretty good bruising. It didnt show up until 3 days post op and it doesn't hurt just looks icky, a good deep purple now. Oddly its only on one side of my stomach...
  4. skunky78
    skunky78
    Ok, so it's just a normal part of the healing process. Thanks, ladies.
  5. sweetsal
    sweetsal
    Don't worry about it, I had bruising also. I am in week 4 and just have a tiny bit of bruising left.
  6. Taswitzer
    Taswitzer
    I had my surgery on Monday. As of this morning, all the bruises along the middle and right side have connected! I am one big bruise.
  7. airmaleguy@gmail.com
    airmaleguy@gmail.com
    My bruises showed up about day 9-10. I called the doc and he said it was normal.