Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hospital Fashion

1. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    I'm packing today for my surgery in 3 days. Trying to make my bag as light as possible, which is really hard! Do we have to wear a gown in the hospital or can we wear our own clothes? I need to know how many sweats to pack...
  2. Kellyef3
    Kellyef3
    I believe they keep you in their gown until time to go. I was able to put my pant bottoms on when I started walking - but still had their gown up top
  3. depatric3
    depatric3
    In the hospital you have a choice to wear their gown or your own, I would wear theirs because if the incision does bleed through, it is on their gown. I would only pack 1-2 sweats, I only packed on pair of sweats but wished I would of packed 2. hope this helps
  4. TexasBetsy
    TexasBetsy
    I was in hospital overnight. I wore in what I wanted to wear out (a loose fitting dress, panties, and a stretchy bra, slip-on shoes). No purse. I brought a little 4"x8" zippered make-up bag with my drivers license for id, which they never asked for, my cell phone&charger, comb, and chapstick. I wore a hospital provided gown. I needed nothing else.

Good luck with the surgery! Mine was easy and pain was very minimal. Take advantage of the PCA painkiller as much as possible, and you won't need much after. The hydrocodone liquid the doctor prescribed had alcohol in it and burned so I never used it again. I preferred the OTC liquid Tylenol and it was plenty analgesic.
  5. depatric3
    depatric3
    also remember you will be in the hotel for a couple days, make sure you bring a pair of loose pj's. you will not be able to take the gown with you, so mostly you will be in your own clothes while you are in the motel. You will love your stay there. I am 2 weeks post surgery and I had a great time shopping on revolutionary. take the time and go for a nice walk. It is safe, I went by myself and dickered with all the venders. Make sure you go visit Max. He is one of the venders within 4 blocks of the hotel. he will give you great deals. Just mention my name, Pattie and mention I bought the hat and wool wrap. He is awesome. if they had a way to download pics I would send you pic of his place and him. well anyways, good luck, speedy recovery and have some fun.
  6. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    Thank you!!!