Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

passport vs birth certificate/ drivers license

1. ljana
    ljana
    I'm being told I have to have at minimum the passcard to cross the border but I've seen posts recently where people used just their birth certificate and drivers license. I'm trying to schedule my surgery asap and keep my costs down. Any thoughts?
  2. DMS
    DMS
    Unless something has changed since March... Birth certificate and drivers license will get you back across the border.
  3. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    Either way is fine. I use a passport because I do travel a lot. And there was a time a few years back when Homeland Security was really cracking down on re-entering the US. When I visited Canada for a weekend, they insisted on a passport, and thankfully, I was prepared. But check with US Immigration for up to the minute requirements.
  4. Younggal
    Younggal
    All I used was my enhanced drivers license.
  5. dyberrah
    dyberrah
    I will refer you to the following thread:
    http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/q...rt-a-must.html

I hope this helps...

Deb
  6. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    You need at minimum the passport card if you're being driven across the border, if you're flying, you need the big passport. It's the law.
  7. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I flew into Tijuana today. No passport needed on the way in. Only on the way out. Don't know about birth certificate and driver's license. I have a passport.
  8. frevels
    frevels
    My daughter used her license and birth certificate and had no problem. We were in Tijuana 5 weeks ago. Good luck. We are both doing great.
  9. depatric3
    depatric3
    Just came back from mexico and if you are driving, you only need your original birth certifiate and a drivers license. If you are flying into mexico, you will need a passport. Hope this helps
  10. cassieluvscamarieon
    cassieluvscamarieon
    just came back less then 3 weeks ago with ID/birth cert and they didn't even question me on it.
  11. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    The rule is that a passport card or passport are needed to go from Mexico to USA. The border patrol tend to be more cautious of those traveling with out a passport trying to enter the States and are Spanish. Less emphasis is placed on people of color traveling woth just a DL. You can mot be denied entry into your country of origin assuming your a US citizen, but you can be severely delayed in your entrance causing you to go to second inspection. You maybe told are asked are you aware you need a Passport to enter into the US. HOPE THAT HELPS
  12. DanellefromTexas
    DanellefromTexas
    I flew in to San Diego and Dr. Almanza's driver picked my mom and I at the airport. She had a passport and I had a birth certificate/drivers license. You don't need it crossing the border INTO Mexico but we needed to show the documentation when we LEFT Mexico. I had no problems leaving the country and it didn't take any longer than my mother or the patients who had a passport when we entered back in to the US. Maybe I just got lucky but I had no issues whatsoever!
  13. Jphat
    Jphat
    My sister went with me in Feb and she didnt have a passport or her BC she just used her state DL and they let her back in the US with no questions asked....Good Luck!!!