Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Another step forward

1. ljana
    ljana
    Well, after all of my research I have decided on a doctor! I chose Dr. Elias Ortiz and ALM. Just sent back the health questionnaire that they e-mailed and am waiting on a response! Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes as planned.
  2. kellyanne
    kellyanne
    good luck!!
  3. thinnerdb
    thinnerdb
    Same conclusion I came to and scheduled my surgery for May 20. I have to admit I'm excited, but still nervous!
    Good luck!
  4. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    Good luck! I had surgery with ALM and Dr. Ortiz on Feb 5th and don't regret anything! I had a fantastic experience and so will you!
  5. amyswisher
    amyswisher
    I'll be there May 28th....getting so excited!!!
  6. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    Awesome! I had surgery with Dr. E. Ortiz back in September...wonderful surgeon and A Lighter Me is a class act all the way. Good luck!
  7. ljana
    ljana
    Thanks all! For those of you who have already had surgery with Dr Ortiz, would you mind giving a brief rundown of your experience and how much you've lost since your surgery? Only if you want to share!
  8. Rknrbn
    Rknrbn
    Congrats! My surgery with ALM is on April 29th... one week away. I am starting to get a bit nervous but know this is the best thing for me. Congrats again on the first step of your new life.
  9. dball503
    dball503
    Great decision. I had surgery by Dr. E Ortiz on Feb 10th. It was a great experience and I have had no regrets. Surgery was 70 days ago and I have lost 60 pounds. Only 70 days and I am over half way to my goal. Couldn't be happier. You will be well taken care of and will really enjoy the Drs and staff at Mi Doctor Hospital.
  10. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    I'm coming up on 6 months after Dr Ortiz. He did a good job and I didn't have any complications. I'm doing great, and would recommend him. The hospital wasn't perfect, but it was better than I expected it was going to be. I had a hysterectomy a year before here in states so my experience of two similar incisions and recoveries was up for comparison. My incisions done in Mx by dr Ortiz were twice the size as mine done with the DaVinci robot assist Hysterectomy. The hospital was similar to a hospital clinic I had been to in a rural area built in the early 80s and not updated. as long as you're not expecting high end, you'll be fine!
    I hope you have a super experience too!