Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Itching?

1. Kiki43
    Kiki43
    I had my surgery 3 weeks ago & the last 3 days have had severe itching, but only on the palms of my hands & soles if my feet. It doesn't bother me as badly during the day while I'm at work, but keeps me up at night. That's why I'm up at 2:34 am posting this. I have not changed detergents, soaps, etc., lotion does not help, and I take Benadryl before going to bed. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or if it's just me?
  2. kimmysmitt
    kimmysmitt
    Yes I had the same thing happen to me the first three days, I was told it was from the meds they gave me in surgery. It should go away soon. Congrats and best of luck to you!!
  3. LFerris
    LFerris
    I have been itching as well, but only in the areas around my incisions as they heal. I talked to my pharmacist and she told me to use a topical Cortisone (Cortisone 10).

Itching of the palms and soles of the feet is one of the earliest signs of a food allergy. What are you eating differently?
  4. rose pedle
    rose pedle
    I'm 7 week out and I was itchy too until I found out that I wasn't get enough fluids on my skin isn't itchy
  5. Terribj
    Terribj
    Oh wow--i thought I was going nuts!!
    My underarms and my lower stomach itch all the time. Wakes me up in the middle of the night.
    I have to admit I find it hard getting in fluids - looks like I need to keep trying.
  6. mrsjoe
    mrsjoe
    I had it really bad on my heals and ankles - like couldn't stop scratching all night, moisturizer didn't help bad. Either from the surgery or from the itching, I ended up with bumpy skin all over and itched like crazy. My arms, legs, everywhere itched. it has now subsided into just occasional itchiness around the incision sites. I'm six weeks out now.
  7. Kiki43
    Kiki43
    Thanks for all the replies - I talked with a nurse from surgeon's office and they said it could be Vitamin B-12 deficiency or possible allergy to milk. I have never had an allergy to milk before but that's not to say I'm not having one now. In addition to the nasal B-12 I take once a week, I am now taking a daily sublingual for the next month and have to do lactose free. Thanks again for your replies - it's good to know it's not just me itching through this! :-)