Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery Information

1. LFitz66
    LFitz66
    Hello- Since there are no posts yet, I thought I would start with an intro and see if everyone could share some general information.
    I'm 48 and I was just sleeved on Monday, April 7th in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. My surgery day weight was 194 and I have lost 4 pounds in the 8 days since then.
    Since everyone here was under 200 lbs., did anyone's insurance cover their procedure?
  2. TexasBetsy
    TexasBetsy
    I was self pay for 4/2. I just came back from my first follow-up at 2 weeks. I have lost 7 pounds since surgery (two weeks) and 17 pounds in 4 months. (I'm still morbidly obese, though).
    Only yesterday did my hunger begin to abate. The pain was minimal, the big issues were feeling chronically short of protein and fatigue.
  3. trishmred
    trishmred
    My surgery is the 17th (day after tomorrow!) and it is self pay in Mexico.
  4. LFitz66
    LFitz66
    Good luck! I had a super easy time. I had no pain or discomfort and was back to work the next week.
  5. Emilia
    Emilia
    I had surgery December 20th,2013 and started my journey with 187lbs. I had my surgery in Mexico and was self-paid .
    Since then I have lost 40 pounds. I still have hard time eating hard proteins and carbs,from time to time it all comes back.
    Good luck to everybody.
  6. QueenBsleeved
    QueenBsleeved
    I am scheduled for sleeve on July 2, with DR A. Im so nervous about my emotional relationship with food after the surgery and how I will react when I can't use food to cope anymore. I am 210....bmi is 35..... I am 2nd guessing myself if maybe I can lost this weight through other means. Cold feet...jitters, not sure??
    I was originally going to be sleeved in 2010 and I lost 60 pounds through diet and exercise but I gradually gained it all back since then. Its a constant yoyo dieting and I hate it!
  7. Rhonda120
    Rhonda120
    Hello fellow sleepers. I am scheduled for surgery July 28th with Dr. Ortiz. Nervous but excited. I am new to this site.
  8. Swood1027
    Swood1027
    Hello all,
    I am scheduled witH Dr. Alvarez in Mexico on Aug 21. I will be paying with no insurance. I am nervous and asking myself is this the right decision for me. I am concerned that I will not have the weight loss that individuals with higher BMI have. I understand everyone is different and the surgery is a tool. I have lost weight in the past but gained it back with extra . I have been trying to research the question will your new stomach stretch? I have friends who have
    Had the gastric bypass and they have stretched their stomaches out and gained their weight back. My thought is if you are getting over half of your stomach removed I can't image in the future your body grows it back? Obviously I am not a physicians. Lol
  9. Kbear10 _ 99
    Kbear10 _ 99
    Hi everyone. Kim from Florida. I'm having surgery October 8th with Dr. Sarantos.
  10. TTFN
    TTFN
    Is this group still active? I'm scheduled for surgery on 7/2/2020. I have a BMI of 35. I lost 35 pounds on my own and can't lose any more. I've tried for 2 years to drop more weight but can't. I'm hoping this will get me to a healthy weight. I haven't found many people in my weight range so I'm hoping to hear back from someone in this group.