Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

5 days post op

1. unicornsilove
    unicornsilove
    Surgery went well, 4/10. I had to stay in the hospital an extra two days for nausea.
  2. cebphillips
    cebphillips
    Hi! Glad it went well but sorry you had to stay a couple more days. At least you were in a safe place where they could manage the nausea. My surgery was Apr 9. My doctor said I could go home same day if I wanted but I stayed overnight. I am really surprised people leave day of surgery. I was still needing the stronger pain meds & those made me really nauseous. There's no way I could have functioned at home those first 2 days.
    I have a question for you. I am still having a ton of gas & diarrhea. Are you? Almost thinking I may be lactose intolerant. My stage 1 diet is 32 oz skim milk, 32 oz clear fluid though. Only liquids so maybe this is normal?
    Glad you're home and on the road to recovery!
  3. snamom911
    snamom911
    Mine was April 7 anx I went home same day. My surgeon wants me to avoid milk products for the first 2 weeks. The gas has already gotten much better for me and no bsthroom issues. I hope that you start to feel better soon
  4. mynewlife14
    mynewlife14
    My surgery was the 14th.Going home today. Has is still an issue but I haven't had a bowl movement yet. Start protein shakes and milk this morning, maybe that will get it all started. Feel better soon.