Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery on April 28!

1. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    A friend and I are scheduled for surgery on April 28th! We are both so excited. It seems so close, yet so far away. I keep having dreams that I cannot get to the hospital in time for surgery and I miss it. Who else is going on the 28th?
  2. andreaf
    andreaf
    I'll be there on the 28th with Dr Almanza! I'm so excited that I can't sleep at night thinking about it. I've wanted this for years and it seems to good to be true to finally be happening. I keep waiting for something bad to happen to prevent me from going, lol.
  3. PurplePeg
    PurplePeg
    I am booked for the 28th, but because I have Barrett's Esophagus, I have to have a second opinion on the 10th to see if I should have the bypass instead. From what I've read on it, the risk are inconclusive... I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at this point... Right now It is a yo yo...
  4. bigggietosmaller
    bigggietosmaller
    Hello:

I am scheduled for April 28 and start pre-op diet Sunday, April 13.
  5. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    I was advised to do the pre-op diet for 3 days, but after reading blog posts I'm seeing a lot of people say that the longer they were on the liquid diet, the easier the recovery was. I'm thinking of doing it for 5 days instead. Crazy, I know. Maybe I'm just excited and jumping the gun. Another reason is that I know that the 3rd day on a strict diet like that is the worst for me and I really don't want to be travelling when I'm feeling so bad.
  6. dietingdonna
    dietingdonna
    I fly in the 24th and have surgery that day then leave on Monday afternoon...I will be ya'lls welcoming committee!!! See ya in Mexico baybee
  7. Rknrbn
    Rknrbn
    I'm scheduled for the 29th but with Dr. Ortiz. Same hospital so I'll probably see some of you there!
  8. PurplePeg
    PurplePeg
    Hi, I'm still on for the 28th. I only have to do clear liquids the day before. (I'm going from the band to the sleeve, and my sleeve was already removed in Feb.) The office just told me to eat healthy... and not to go on any binges, because my doctor will postpone the surgery if the liver is to large. I'm just trying to get all my items together to pack. I'm going to bring my pillows too. I even asked if I could wear my pedometers in the hospital when I am doing my walking the halls for the gas, and I can. My doctors office has been great. If you are going through a local bariatric surgery program, take advantage of whatever support programs they offer, to meet with other sleevers monthly and go for all your follow-ups. Good Luck to everyone on the 28th!
  9. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    Oooooo surgery day is coming!!! I have been waiting for (what seems like) forever for this. I started my pre-op diet 2 days early. Paranoid that my liver wouldn't be small enough if I only did 3 days. I'm really surprised at how well I've handled this liquid diet. I'm not even really physically hungry, just mentally hungry (if that makes sense). It's crazy to think that this is the heaviest I'll ever be!
  10. skunky78
    skunky78
    I'm scheduled for the 28th which is tomorrow.....So excited!!