Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Is a protein shake considered a meal timing wise?

1. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    Is a protein shake considered a meal, as in should I wait 15 min before drinking and 30 minutes after? It is a liquid so I'm a little confused on that one. I can't find the answer anywhere-please help!
  2. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    It's considered a liquid meal replacement. I'm drinking them once or twice a day and I don't wait before I drink water because I see them as a liquid.
  3. MissBee
    MissBee
    I have a quick question, would special k, are slim fast, be considerd some thing I can drink on pre op and post op
  4. julrs13
    julrs13
    I was given this rule to follow when picking a protein shake/drink. No more than 5 grams fat, 10 grams carbs, and at least 15 grams of protein per serving. That is how I have always done it and I have been very successful so far. Good luck!
  5. lmk1952
    lmk1952
    I agree with BladeFox. I think the 30-30-30 rule is when your are eating solid foods again. Good luck.
  6. Think
    Think
    I was not instructed to wait and have not had an issue at all. I made sure to spread my calories through the day though, so I didn't finish a protein drink and then 30 minutes later have a meal.
  7. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    Thanks for all the comments! I am talking with my dietitian tomorrow. Will keep you posted with her information.
  8. Chelan
    Chelan
    Can anyone tell me what shakes have only 10 grams of carbs 5 of fat and 20 protein I can't find any?