Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

6 wks post op check up

1. Jphat
    Jphat
    I am so mad right now... i came to the doctor for my 6 wk post op check up and in 6 weeks ive only lost 5 lbs...im like WTF im so upset right now....has anyone experienced this before. I need some feedback.
  2. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    5 lbs is better than none and the most loss will be after the sleeve.
  3. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    What did they say at your check up??? Try to keep your head up... A loss is a loss.. your averaging a pound a week! I know someone who had it done and they were loosing slowly and then BAM a 5 -7 pound loss then slow again and then another big loss... I am sure it will catch up ...
  4. dyberrah
    dyberrah
    Jphat - what are you eating? Outline a typical daily intake for us...
  5. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Yes exactly, I was 6 weeks and 6.5 lbs lost, very frustrating. I think for me it's from years of restriction diets I went into famine conscience. What I did to stay positive was choose to believe the slower weight-loss will keep my skin tighter and my hair in my head. Just trust in your journey. I am at almost 8 weeks and weigh myself every couple of days and am losing bits now. But still only about 10lbs post op. I know your frustration too well.
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Oh but I bet your clothes are fitting looser, you probably lost inches, I did
  7. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    Te evaluate what your eating and the amount of exercise you are getting. A good bariatric nutritionist is a huge help. Using my fitness pal and sites like it help you track accurately.
    Best information fromy nut to you.. remove starches. No potatoes breads noodles or rice. Careful on fruit. And hidden sugar in general. Whey protein isolate us the best for us. Min 120 minutes of excersize a week. She recommended 20 mins per day. 1/2 cup food is a meal.
    Get the fluids in. Water mostly protein shakes with more than 15 grms count as food not liquid. .. hope this helps
  8. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    Five or fifty? I see another message from you saying that you've lost fifty. If that's the case, that's crazy-fast!