Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Two months to go! YIPPEE!!

1. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    Is anyone else as excited as I am that we are two months out? I mean, I am beyond ready! This last 3 months have been a whirlwind and once I made the decision to have WLS, it seems that everything has fallen nicely into place.

So...what, if anything, will you be doing in the next few months to prepare for your new life? Anyone starting an exercise regiment? Incorporating more fruits and veggies into your diet?

I for one am going to start reducing the size of my meals. I am not required to meet with a nutritionist or be on a pre-op monitored diet, so at this point, I'm just trying to make healthier choices and reduce the amount of diet drinks I consume in a week. My only pre-op diet will be one week prior to surgery and that's a clear liquid diet.

I'm interested to find out what everyone else is doing.

Let the countdown begin!!!
  2. Gammy10
    Gammy10
    Hello,

I am so excited but nervous as well. I am self pay, so things are moving quite quickly for me. I had my first consult with the surgeon this week, in the process of getting clearance from my general practitioner, and then they will set my official date (sometime in early June).

As for preparations while I wait, I have started B12 complex, biotin, and chewable Flintstones. A couple of weeks before surgery, I plan to stop caffeine and sodas. My surgeon requires a week of nothing but liquids before surgery (not too bad). Otherwise, I plan to say farewell to my favorite foods and try not to gain any weight while I wait. I must meet with a nutritionist once to discuss eating after surgery.

I'm so ready to get started!
  3. jtharp723
    jtharp723
    I am very excited... there are two things that worry me... giving up diet cokes (because I love them) and not being able to drink anything when you eat. I have always had a drink with my meal. Helps to get it down... What about you guys?
  4. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    jtharp, I have the same problem with drinking while I eat. I have started trying to take smaller bites and chew more so that when I swallow, I find I don't need that drink to help push it down. So far it's helping and as long as what I am eating is not too dry, I don't seem to have any problems making the change.
  5. Gammy10
    Gammy10
    I'm right there with you on the diet cokes. I've tried to cut back. I am just so ready to get on the other side. I am a little worried about my surgery being outpatient and the fact my doctor is a four hour drive away.
  6. LozzyB
    LozzyB
    I've decided to apply healthy changes on may 11 - 1 month before surgery and eat all of the things I will miss up until that date! Foolish I know it......I will miss certain things. Today was a bad example. I got takeaway Thai noodles and also art a fruit and cream tart. Bad combo but each delish in single! I need to say goodbye to rice and pasta and bread too, so I will sample all of these before may 11 which is Mother's Day here in Australia. Another celebration centred on food and dining out
  7. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    Not excited about my pre-op diet for surgery June 9th, but I am excited to start this new chapter! How soon are yall going to start your pre-op diet before your surgery date?