Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello I am new to the group

1. lizbutterfly0504
    lizbutterfly0504
    Hello Everyone,

I could use all and any advice and support and I thought it was appropriate for me to join this group. I hope to learn about eating after the sleeve, handling people who think we shouldn't have gotten the sleeve, anything you couldn't go back eating again. Maybe even some lower calorie, high protein recipes. I already know my first month after I have my sleeve is going to be so hard. The thought of puree meat doesn't sit well with me and as much as I try to convince myself it needs to be done, I want to find a way around that other than only have protein shakes.

I will keep this short I look forward to reading and connecting with the group.
  2. mskaj014
    mskaj014
    Hi ms. Butterfly i'm 1 month post-op so for me i didn't like puree so i did soup babyfood applle sauce. I did cheat one day i tryed to eat fryed chicken ooooh boy i got sick so no fried food for me other than sugar free ice pops and sugar free pudding i wish you luck
  3. tracke38
    tracke38
    Just wanted to welcome you, and say that I don't have any shortcuts. I am on the pureed stage right now, and it is what it is. Unfortunatly, since your new tummy will be still in the healing stage, we just have to deal with it. As far as talking to those who don't get it, I decided not to tell a lot of people. For those who don't agree, I've explained that I have throughly researched my decision, but I appreciate the concern. You have to come from a place of confidence, and be firm. You are doing this for your health, this isn't cosmetic.
  4. apierson98@aol.com
    apierson98@aol.com
    Hi Butterfly, the people you will encounter that do not support your decision probably have not done as much research on the sleeve as you have. Thousands of people have this WLS every year and it is well past the experimental phase. Your health is much more important than anyone's opinion. I have decided not to tell anyone I think will try to discourage me from having the procedure. I'm excited about starting a new chapter in my life and I refuse to let anyone still my joy. Stay the course, the benefits will out weigh the temporary hunger pangs. You can do this. We are all here to support you.
  5. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Advice I would say it is a challenge to teach yourself proportion sizes and you get your day is when you forget that you cannot eat as much as you used to eat it into over eat especially within the first 6 months and you find yourself in a lot of agony. Something thats really key after weight loss surgery is even if you don't feel full stop eating and I still have this problem and I'm almost 2 years out but sometimes I don't feel full I'll continue to eat out over what you make me feel nauseous for a very long period of time. If your about a hundred pounds over weight you will be FLABBY and needing to do the workout you failed to do then later after you obtained your results.