Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Recovery Time

1. Dayton
    Dayton
    Hi I am wondering if people can tell me about how long they took before they went back to work, I am trying my best to figure out how much time I would need after my 5 days in Mexico?? should I be off 1 Week or Two Months? I was hoping I would go down have Surgery and be back at work right away? Also what about complications have any of you been have complications after you get home? I am hoping for what looks like May now, Also I have been feeling very scared and nervous are these all normal feelings?? Has there been anyone how is regretting doing this surgery and would advise not to have it? I am considering Dr Lopez in TJ, Coming from Canada
  2. Fatt Kidd
    Fatt Kidd
    Dr. Lopez did my surgery on the 14th of this month. I went back to work (desk job) on the 20th. Did fine. No regrets. Would do it again in a heartbeat! Only I chose Puerto Vallarta & so glad that I did. Had a great beach vacation while I was there. You will be fine. Dr. Lopez is fantastic!
  3. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    My surgery was on Tuesday, February 18 and I went back to work on Monday February 24 with NO PROBLEMS at all... I do have a desk job, and made sure I got up and walked around the office every two hours to get water, or anything (I didnt tell anyone at work I got this done)

My only problem is not getting all my fluids in, just trying to remember to drink and I have a hard time drinking regular water... I can drink Crystal light just fine.. very strange.... and I still having a hard time to stop when I am starting to feel full... I still dont have that full feeling until I am uncomfortable, and I need to learn that.. I was scared, but I am a little over a month out and very glad I had this done! I am a month a one week out and I am down 34 pounds!
  4. dmeredith
    dmeredith
    I had no complications and went back to work after a week. I have a desk job also - and got up a couple of times to walk about, which was no big deal. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and a couple of days ago I was finally able to sleep on my stomach (which is a big deal for me) - but again, I didn't have any complications.
  5. Kindle
    Kindle
    Had my surgery at OCC. I drove myself home from airport 5 hours 4 days postop, was plowing my driveway day 5, worked part time starting day 7 and went back full time at 2 weeks. I'm a vet tech, so very active all day and I did have a 20 pound lifting restriction for 3 weeks. I got a Clostridial infection (related to antibiotics, not surgery) 5 weeks out and needed IV fluids 3 times for dehydration from diarrhea. 6 weeks of treatment and got my fingers crossed it's cleared up. And I only missed 2 days work through that whole ordeal. Drinking ALL day is so important to get your fluids in!
  6. Dayton
    Dayton
    Wow Thank you to all It is so reassuring
  7. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I went to PUerto vallarta and am from Vancouver Canada. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself other than becoming a mom. I flew in on Thursday, was picked up at airport, taken to hotel where instructions were waiting for me. Paid for taxi arrived next morning took me to nice clean private hospital, cabbie even said " oh this expensive hospital". Had surgery at. 6pm Friday, flew home Tuesday landed at midnight, I was not uncomfortable but aware I had some gas and had surgery. I went to my desk job the next morning. I haven't told a soul other than my mom and one close friend and no one was wiser. I sipped on water and broth or bought miso soup again no one the wiser. By Monday I forgot myself and ran for a bus cause the feelings of surgery were gone. I realized after I did it, wow I feel good, recovery for this was very fast for me. If you r concerned book a week off, I did have days of zero energy and would go to bed early so my body could heal or do what it needed to do. I took gas x, peppermint oil, lip balm, G2 gaterade and took all pain meds as day 2 you feel a little bruised and sore like you've had a major work out the day before. I read Some people took heating pads and swore by them, not sure what they were used for. My hotel was gorgeous too.
  8. Dayton
    Dayton
    OMG can you tell me who you went through?? Your cost all that stuff private message me if I'm being to forward !! I'm travelling from NS CANADA!! Was considering PV but it seem so much more expensive