Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting to know each other

1. di609
    di609
    Hi! I am 2 weeks post op, and i think it's been going pretty good so far. Has anyone had any issues in their journey? If you had to do it again, would you?
  2. Sea
    Sea
    Hello di....

I am getting sleeved in phildelphia on 4/17. Today being Easter was not easy but I managed thru it even cooked...Dont know where the strength came from but I did it.. How are you feeling now and what are you eating? Happy Easter !
  3. di609
    di609
    Hi! and congrats on your surgery! Are you excited? I was so so excited before my surgery, and i'm 5 weeks out, 47 lbs total gone, and i'm pretty much eating normal foods. I did have ham on Easter, very very small pieces and i was the last one eating (my whole family are fast eaters) I still do puree some things, even though it's not needed, i do think they seem to go down better at times. I am up to 3-4 oz's of protein a meal,sometimes 2, most of the time. Where are you having the surgery in Philly? I had mine in Lourdes in Camden. I am so happy for you, 1 week from today yay!!! The hospital visit was a little rough, but i would do it again. I truly feel this was the best thing (other than my sons) i've ever done. My diabetes just about gone, i don't snore at all now(mild sleep apnea) and my blood pressure was down also. But that could be from being out of work too,,LOL! Please make sure to let me know how everything goes, and if you need anything, please let me know!
  4. Sea
    Sea
    I am so glad to hear that your doing so well!!!! I had upsetting news today that my surgery was postponed until 4/24 ...

Yes my surgery will be at Jefferson Hospital.......I just need it to happen LOL...

Blessing to you ..seems like you are doing fantastic.. I will keep in touch thanks so much for responding... I greatly appreciate it !!

Donna
  5. di609
    di609
    Donna,Please believe everything happens for a reason, when i first started this journey, i learned what the seeve was, and wanted it so bad. But i also wanted to have my surgery in November, but at the time, the insurance wouldn't cover the sleeve, only bypass or the band. So i was going for the band. And then we found out the insurance wouldnt do the band without a certain number of office and nutritionist visits. So i had to wait, and during that time, the insurance finally accepted the sleeve, which i found out at my last appt!!! so please believe there is a reason!! Good Luck and please keep me updated!!

Diane
  6. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    HI all. I am new to the site. I live in South Jersey and am looking for a surgeon. I am still waivering between the lap band and the sleeve. Leaning towards to the sleeve. Can anyone give me their opinion on the pros vs cons of both? Really want the sleeve, just hoping I am not being too drastic by altering my body. Thanks