Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Has anyone drove to San Diego instead of taken a plane?

1. andreaf
    andreaf
    I'm getting the sleeve done with Dr Almanza on Apr 28th and I'll be coming from Utah. I hate flying (and always scared of being kicked off the plane for being overweight), but after figuring out gas costs and parking vs plane tickets I'll save money by driving. Well my husband will actually be doing the driving, but I'm just wondering if people feel like they could make it through a 10 drive home. I'm one of those rare people that enjoy a long car ride, I'm just worried about whether it'll be too uncomfortable or not.
  2. shila
    shila
    I live in northeastern Nevada and we conscidered driving too but, then I changed my date to a month earlier. I am know going alone and flying from SLC.
  3. amayzme
    amayzme
    I flew from out of st. louis. but i think as long as you don't take pain pills and be sure to stop and walk around often you could do it. even if ypu had to get a room after a few hours of driving it would be do-able.
    keep us posted!
  4. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    We drove 4 hrs from airport to home... Not quite 10, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I think as long as you stop every couple hours to walk around (for gas pains and to prevent blood clots) it wouldn't be that huge of a deal!
  5. Luann
    Luann
    I wasn't feeling well at all 2 or 3 days after my surgery. Better than the first day, but still miserable & nauseous. I think I would have had a hard time sitting in a car for that long. Bad enough driving to the border, that took 2 hours. But I guess you have a lot more freedom & flexibility than when you fly - I feel like I'm a captive audience on a plane. Getting out of your seat to walk around is more difficult than exiting the freeway at a rest stop etc to walk around.
  6. Ang50
    Ang50
    We all were suggested to drink 64oz of fluids a day. And I also had to pee every 30min or so (my personal problems). So for me it would be imposable.