Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

any suggestions on how to slow down to get your meal in 30 min

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I'm having trouble slowing down and taking my 20-30 min to eat I'm still on semi solid food and its getting old and I just want real food. Any apps out there I can use? I don't have back kitchen table so only have the living room or bedroom to eat at and have to have the tv on for no I seen it working on my laptop.
  2. mkrider
    mkrider
    seriously, trying to eat 1/3 cup of food in 30 minutes isn't flying with me..so I don't!
    I just put my small baby spoon down in between bites..seems to work
  3. soon2belessofme
    soon2belessofme
    I can only eat a few bites. At most I think eating at this point takes me15 mins
  4. time_to_shine
    time_to_shine
    I'm having a hard time with this too. I seem to do better when I'm at home and can take my time. I was out with my family yesterday and fit a piece of grilled chicken.. They ate so fast and I felt bad making them wait on me. I think I are to fast, and man was it ever uncomfortable!
  5. lisagus19
    lisagus19
    It's so hard to eat slow but my stomach let's me know when I'm eating too fast...or too much.
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I don't eat slow but I chew a lot more, at about 6 bites I stop and zone in to feel my stomach so I don't over fill. I also didn't really do mush stage cause chewing turns it to mush, I was careful. I was in a stall coming out of surgery that lasted almost a month and I knew it was cause my body wasn't getting enough food do I had to get my metabolism going. I am so not one of the people down 30lb the first month. Also if u burp when eating its a sign no met food cause your stomach is making room by removing some air
  7. natex14
    natex14
    I have had the same issues. I have learned to take a break in the middle of my meal to let things settle. I actually get up and go into the kitchen, or if I'm at work I leave my office for a few minutes. That kind of forces me to slow down. I still only take about 10 minutes to eat, anything faster than that and I pay for it.
  8. juztjes
    juztjes
    There's just not enough there to make it last 30 minutes for me. I use a small salad plate and make sure I'm eating protein first ...2 oz is about all I can handle, if there's room maybe a bite or 2 od veg. I would say maybe 15 minutes is about all it takes. I am more congnisant of the timing when I am at home v/s at work. I am still working hard at the not drinking 30 minutes prior/after eating...that's a tough habit for me...especially with the protein first rule..some stuff is just soooo dry I have to take a small sip of water.