Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mexico anyone?

1. Katiecarr
    Katiecarr
    I am looking to meet others considering surgery in Mexico, or maybe ones who have already been through the surgery there. I want to hear all about it!!
  2. HGfromOmaha
    HGfromOmaha
    I am having my surgery on Wednesday in Tijuana. I travel to Mexico about 4 or 5 times per year for business and am usually there for about 60 days annually so I'm very comfortable with the country and the professionalism of the doctors. I will update more as things progress.

So far, it's been a very straight-forward, easy and uncomplicated process. The only issues have been my hatred for this liquid diet.
  3. Think
    Think
    Here is a link to my blog where I posted about my experience going to Mexico. http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...ence-long.html

LOVE Dr Kelly and would highly recommend him. I thank him daily for giving me my life back!
  4. Robinsnest0417
    Robinsnest0417
    I am having surgery with Dr. Almanza on May 7. I am a self pay as well. I checked out the surgeons resumes and the # of surgeries each has done. I've been traveling overseas for almost 42 years and have had hospital stays from time to time so I am anxious but not overly concerned. This forum has helped me enormously and I suggest you join a few groups that focus on areas of relevance to your circumstances. Most people are happy to share their experiences. Good luck and feel free to express your concerns. Robinsnest0417
  5. amyswisher
    amyswisher
    I'm heading to Mexico in May-June (still waiting on a few little $ issues to get cleared up before I nail down the date and pay my deposit)..I also did A LOT of research...I had a spreadsheet even :/ it was so bad at one point that my boyfriend very kindly suggested I take a day off from looking at everything lol...guess I was going a bit crazy..I actually spent time on this site and on search engines compiling a list of doctors in Mexico. I then went right down the list and jotted down info like: city, experience, facilitators, hospital/clinic/center used, cost, etc...I then did searches on here with my top Doctor choices. I added negative points to each one, then sat down and looked at them all again...I just kept narrowing and narrowing...(you see how crazy I had become now?) but, in the end, I not only found a surgeon that meets all of my criteria, I learned a lot along the way...PM me if you have any questions about a certain Dr...but I will say that there are several that I thought were great and that I would go to...GOOD LUCK!!
  6. mysleeve14
    mysleeve14
    I was sleeved in Mexico on 3/6/14 by Dr. Cabrera he and his staff were great. Its completely safe in tijuana I went alone and was not afraid, there's so many people having the same procedure so you'll be more at ease meeting others. They are very professional and friendly
  7. farmerchick
    farmerchick
    I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Almanza on April 28th. I'm SOOO excited. I've heard so many wonderful things about him, his staff, and the hospital. I'm not nervous about it a bit.
  8. Rknrbn
    Rknrbn
    I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz on April 29th and cannot wait. I've been counting down the days until I leave. For extra piece of mind for anyone having surgery outside their home country, I suggest picking up an insurance policy that will cover you for any complications. If not, you will be paying yourself. Two companies that I have found are Global Protection Service (US based and reimburses you for expenses) and Novamar Medical Tourism Insurance (Mexican based and will pay hospital directly). Good luck on your journey!
  9. Katiecarr
    Katiecarr
    So far I'm planning on Dr Elias Ortiz w alighterme- Right now I'm looking at june 6th Looking to find someone else that might be there at the same time!
  10. Gurlnxd00r
    Gurlnxd00r
    I am self pay also and scheduled with Dr. Mario Camelo Ramos on March 6th.