Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stand Still and Weight gain

1. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    Question, I had my surgery on 2/18, so I am almost to the end of week 3, I have not lost an ounce in 7 days, and this morning (my weigh in day) I have gained 1.5 pounds... anyone else experienced this? I think I read some where in the forums, that its common for the 3 week stall... but I just want to know if anyone else had?
  2. natex14
    natex14
    Yes, I hit it at four weeks and gained 2 pounds for almost a week, then all of a sudden I dropped 8 pounds. Very strange.

So, I think this is pretty normal. We all have read about stalls, but then it happens to you and you feel depressed. Just stick to the plan and it will keep coming off. I'm sure there are more stalls to come.
  3. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    I stalled at 3 weeks then started dropping. Saw nutritionist at week 4. She said although they tell you you can have mashed potatoes and some other soft pasta ..... No starches at all. Just don't. Get moving on treadmill or ecliptical etc 20 mins a day and more fluids. Whey protein isolate shakes .. and if a protein shake contains a lot of protien like the premier that are 30 plus grams, count that as food not liquid. Almond mild doesn't have enough protein so skip that. Hope some of trust helps. I dropped 6 lbs after that but at a stall now... Gonna take a laxative and as much water as. I can n see if it won't break lol. Gotta figure your cycle in too. Even after hysterectomy, I still have ovaries to screw things up.
    Hope this helps
  4. juztjes
    juztjes
    I had surgery on 2/19....started going to the gym last week (ellipitcal only - 30 minutes X 3 days) and I have not lost a single pound since. I am super bummed! I am tracking protein/calories/carbs/fats/fluids along with exercise. Food/intake seems to be on target and exercise is supposed to be beneficial...so I dont know what the deal is. Super frustrating to see a loss of like a pound a day to ZERO a day! I just keep telling myself to wait it out...keep doing what you are doing...and pray!
  5. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I went thru this, never felt I ever got out the gate before I stalled, you can see below in my signature that a month post op I only had lost about 4.5lbs. I was hard reading posts from others that they had list 30lbs and upset that they stalled for a few days. I feel I will eventually get there and will have tighter skin hopefully for losing slow. The scale is moving slowly for me now. Just know it will work and it's your individual journey.
  6. mtnskullrider
    mtnskullrider
    I have kept that I started gaining weight before week three. I have lost 5 lbs since the surgery and tomorrow will be week 5 and down 3 more pounds and gained 2 back. I am eating protein 5 times a day and trying to drink water only and getting about 40 oz a day in. Found a whey isolate that I started the past 4 days... and have avoided weighing as my 6 week check up is next week. Been working out 3 days a week for at least 45 minutes.