Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

update

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I hit the 20lb mark today!! Whoo hoo. Has any of you guys having issues with cravings wanting real food like baked potatoes. Im on the soft food phase and its getting old fast.(doesn't help when you have a husband that wants to still eat out and go through the drive thru either) He says he supports me but feels he should should still eat what he wants even though I have special diet needs. Thank goodness its a least stuff I didn't like pre surgery like subs, chili but just the smell of pizza places and the like I cant stand it and it isn't like I can take different routes to places cause there is one on every corner where I live. I realize the world isn't weight loss surgery friendly and sometimes I wonder if ill get through this. Im not to the point where I can exercise yet other than walking. The fact is I don't live in a safe neighborhood and just been walking around the house. Im still tired so I haven't had energy to clean house or anything. I found out I do have some degree of lactose intolerance. I can do low fat cheese and yogurt but no milk. I did buy the generic lactaid milk and I didn't get nauseated.
  2. mkrider
    mkrider
    Yay! me too! I understand your problem. My husband isn't too considerate when it comes to eating in front of me, but I think to myself,I'm strong, I did this for a reason and I'm going to prevail in my weight loss! It's going to be a tough road, I can see that already! I have my measured food and my crystal light ready for me ready in one of my weak moments!
  3. lbweatherby
    lbweatherby
    I have lost 22 lbs so far. I am still on soups and liquids till Wednesday when I advance to pureeds. I find that I am hungry most of the time. Drinking water is not helping with the hunger pains. I just took a small piece of my son's chicken and fry and it hurt about 5 minutes after I ate. I am craving protein so I know I am not getting enough despite the protein shake, milk, and yogurt I am taking everyday.
  4. Alc2013
    Alc2013
    I am four weeks out and have just moved on to soft foods. Tonight was finely diced zucchini with an egg and sliced turkey breast and a slice of low fat mozarella. I find the food really stuffs me but when I was on liquids, I never felt full.

I do have problem getting water down. I used to drink a lot of water and now I can't drink as much - I don't like that about the surgery. Everything else I love.
  5. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I have trouble getting my protein and water in. Mainly because my nut has me eating every 4 hrs with a snack and I had issues with eating every 2 1/2 hrs before my liquid diet. Before surgery I would eat 1-2 meals a day and that's it. However my hubby and I talked and he agreed no drive thru especially since he has to have gall bladder surgery now and getting him to take his diabetic meds is a better so I have that and myself on my plate. I do crystal light and I bought orange crush flavored drink mix sugar free and I couldn't drink it. Too sweet even though its sugar free so I gave it to my hubby to drink. I too used to drink a gallon of water a day prior to surgery and cant drink as much. Im having to retrain myself on eating as I have never ever been a vegtable eater since birth pretty much. My mother never did push veggies on me and when she fed them I would spit them out and she wouldn't push em again. I would take protein, carbs and fruit over veggies anyday myself.