Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What the sleeve will mean to me

1. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    Not only am I looking forward to being healthy, but I can't wait to be able to fully enjoy riding my horse again. I have read a lot of posts about either looking forward to riding after they lose weight or enjoyed riding once they succeeded in losing the weight. I know my horse will enjoy it when her mom is a little lighter.
  2. Kindle
    Kindle
    Some people might think it's weird, but I got my sleeve for my horse. Not really, but it did play a part in my decision. We put in over 200 miles from May to October/November. It's pretty rugged country with steep terrain and I felt really bad for her having to lug my fat ass around the mountains. So this summer she will have at least 60 pounds less on her back. I may even be able to hop on without having to find a rock or log to stand on. The only downside is now my saddle is too big.
  3. Robinsnest0417
    Robinsnest0417
    Hi, I' m Robin. I live on a carriage driving/eventing farm outside Aiken, SC. I will be 66 on 4/17 and still ride dressage. Disappointingly, most dressage riders are in their 20's and reed thin. At 5'5" I feel like I stand out like a sore thumb.
    Because my bmi is below 35 I have to pay for the surgery mysel and, as a result, I will be going to Mexico in May to have the surgery done.As nervous as I am all I have to do is look at pictures of myself on my horse to know It will be worth it in the end.
  4. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    I think we horse peeps completely understand that our horses are a huge reason for our decision to get the surgery. I miss doing that many miles and even packing for a weekend camping trip without being out of breath. I also miss my confidence. Our ponies with be happier and healthier because we will be too. Thank you for joining by the way. It's nice to have others who understand.