Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Update on my surgery with Dr. Elias Ortiz

1. Rbarnzie
    Rbarnzie
    Everything is well. My surgery went fine. Gas pain after do hurt but not unbearable. I'm up walking. Waiting for my leak test then get to shower. I just had to drink the dye not to bad but just remember a mint or a dumb dumb to put in your mouth after makes it way easier. Everyone here is so nice. One thing I can say is when they put u in Or room and lay u down they immediately give u happy juice and next thing you know in recovery so all the nerves are before just waiting. It is definently not like US. But just as good.
  2. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I have surgery with him next month. Thanks for the assurance!
  3. nanfit
    nanfit
    Yay! I'm so happy for you. I'm four months out and Dr. Ortiz continues to impress me. He checks in on me and always answers my questions. You are in very good hands!
  4. thinnerdb
    thinnerdb
    I hope this finds your leak test went GREAT!! I just signed up with ALM and Dr E. Ortiz for May 20th. Seems so far away... but I'm sure it will be here before I know it! Thanks for the details. I'm a bit of a planner and like reading your details. It will help me feel more prepared! (and less nervous)
  5. thinnerdb
    thinnerdb
    I hope this finds your leak test went GREAT!! I just signed up with ALM and Dr E. Ortiz for May 20th. Seems so far away... but I'm sure it will be here before I know it! Thanks for the details. I'm a bit of a planner and like reading your details. It will help me feel more prepared! (and less nervous)
  6. Rbarnzie
    Rbarnzie
    Leak test good. Drinking is going well. But the best part is when they take the drain out. Wow do I feel so much better. Everyone here is so nice and they give you enough med for nausea and pain that I have had no pain other than when I had gas pain which hurts. Let me tell you everyone that said walking makes it feel better well not for me it felt better when I laid down. Same with other people who had surgery here with me. Not sure why walking made it worst. But as of now it is all gone and I feel great.
  7. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I'm having surgery in April with the same doctor. Good to hear they control the pain, etc.
  8. knip_toh
    knip_toh
    I was there Jan 10th - AWESOME experience and results - down 52 lbs!! The ALM staff is great before, during, and after - BEST DECISION I've ever made!!
  9. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    Ready for my turn! June 9th can't come fast enough!
  10. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    Walking definitely made it better for me!!
  11. Jenn2Thin
    Jenn2Thin
    Loooking into having surgery with Dr.Ortiz. I had full support about having surgery here in the US, however I've been trying for over 3years now :/ .. Now that I JUST came across so many that have had the surgery in Mexico, all my support is gone LOL they think i'm crazy.
    My question for all is..... from the time you started the process with "A Lighter Me" how long was it before you had surgery?
    Thanks everyone!

I feel a great relief knowing just maybe my goals to become healthier will soon come true!
  12. samplergal
    samplergal
    I called them July 12 and am scheduled for Aug 6. I had been scheduled for july 1 surgery with Johns Hopkins but that didn't happen. I had had all the prelim nutrition and chest x-ray and pre-op bloodwork completed. I don't think that particularly mattered though. I am past ready, thinking I'd already be a month into this by now.