Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight gain???

1. Mommysoup
    Mommysoup
    I'm not gonna lie I freak out all the time about gaining all my weight back!!! You know those people you tell thy you have had a gastric sleeve and they will say oh ya I know so and so who had one or a gastric bypass and they gained all there weight back!!! What??? I have near anxiety attacks about these conversations and I couldn't image this horrible thing happening but it can!! Has anyone had this happen to them!!! People I need reassurance. Lol
  2. dackn8tr
    dackn8tr
    I'm pushing 2 yes out (May 22nd) & I keep hearing the same thing ... I am NOT going to be one of those stories! I think as long as we remember where we started & how we got there we won't be a statistic. I've gained back 5-8 lbs over the last year but I know if my pants get tight its time to push back from the table & get more focused again.
  3. sleeve-me
    sleeve-me
    the weird thing is most of the stories i have heard are not sleavers - they seem to be lap band or gastric bypass. have you heard of sleevers gaining a lot back. i freak sometimes too and i judge by my pants too dackn8tr. although i have maintained for over two years. surgery sept 2011. i see a dietician every month and i think that helps. she is a reality check for me when i start freaking out. she basically shows me how over this length of time i have maintained. i think i got to a super low for me and then rebounded to where i have sat for several years. this seems like a good weight for me overall. if i gain some my dietician helps me get on track again. just by getting back on my meal plan - less desert - better comittment to exercise. i think i eat sort of a lot but i think it has to do with the food combinations that i am able to maintain overall - glad i found you guys on here