Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

OMGEEEE, this sux

1. savagegrace
    savagegrace
    Some one, anyone, please tell me how to get rid of this chest pain. I get it when I try to swallow anything and even when I'm not trying to swallow. I am not gonna sugar coat anything, this is not what I expected and I feel horrible. How long will it take before I won't be in consistent pain, and how long before I can drink fluids without pain? ------2 days post op------
  2. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    too soon, don't be discouraged..........remember small small sips.............tiny bits.............it will improve..........good luck!
  3. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    I agree - tiny sips at first. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and it is much better now. I do occasionally get it still if I forget and drink too fast, or if I eat too much but it only lasts a few moments and it is a reminder to go slow, eat small amounts. Just go slow and be patient - the first few days are a bit rough. Get up and keep walking as well - it really seemed to help me with the pain, the tiredness, and gas pains. Good luck, you have joined the sleeved ones who are just a few steps ahead of you.
    Hugs,
    Kathy
  4. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Did your doctor send you home with something for acid reflex? I was given a script to take something for 30 days .Three weeks post op today .. No discomfort .
  5. Juliebythec
    Juliebythec
    I am still taking Prilosec every evening before bed to reduce reflux. Get the gas-x strips and use them. Don't worry about putting anything in except small sips of water. You do not want to get dehydrated.
    Look on this forum for lot's of good advice.
    Good luck
  6. semonelewis
    semonelewis
    Hi, I had that problem; before the surgery my primary doctor had me to take Zantac .When I got back a week post op I started having really bad pains when I sip. The gas was horrible. I went to the ER and the check to make sure I did not have a leak. They dis MRI, leak test and said all is great. Also said who ever did the surgery did an great job. The thing they cave me was Valium for esophageal spasms also Protonix for acid stomach. we'll let me tell you no more problems
  7. Annie4
    Annie4
    Since you are only 2 days post op it is probably gas used to inflate your abdomen during surgery. Getting up for short periods of time will help. Hang in there it gets better!
  8. Windy1
    Windy1
    Small sips help. Really, like 1/2 teaspoonful at a time, every couple of minutes. Did your doctor prescribe any Tylenol, Tylenol with codeine, or anything? If so, take that, wait a few minutes, then try to sip a little. It helps. And it gets better - as the swelling goes down it won't hurt as much. Take care.