Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Drainage insision question

1. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    Good morning, I have a question... the incision on the left side, where they put the drain hole, that is the only one of my incisions that is still bleeding (BARELY ONLY A TAD) .. however on the inside it looks a little yellow... anyone else experience this?? I had my surgery on 2/18
  2. time_to_shine
    time_to_shine
    I was sleeved on the 12th and had to keep my drain in for 1 week post-op. When I went to my follow up for the nurse to remove it, she said it could possibly get some greenish-yellowish stuff coming out that would look like infection, but she assured me it's not and is normal. I haven't had any if that though. If you think it could be infection, I'd call the surgeon to ask them. Good luck!
  3. StacyD
    StacyD
    Tina I didn't have a drain but just the fact that you're seeing yellow leads me to think you need to see the doctor to get your wound cleaned out. You definitely do not want an infection! Good luck to you.
  4. soon2belessofme
    soon2belessofme
    Is the area red and warm to the touch? If so, call your doc.
  5. JenMN
    JenMN
    I didn't have a drain but the incision closest to my chest still has a tad of drainage that is yellow also (usually after I shower) all the other have healed shut my doc seen it said it's fine and will heal in time. I just keep a bandaide on it and change it out daily after showering. So long as it's not red around it like 'soon2belessofme' mentioned, it's not painful,and the stuff coming out of it is not foul smelling you should be fine just keep it clean and covered and keep in touch with your doc if it gets worse.
  6. juztjes
    juztjes
    My drain incision was like that too! I went to see my surgeon about 10 days post surgery and mentioned it to him. He took a look and told me it was normal. No fever, no swelling, redness, foul odor or continued drainage from the site....it will heal itself.

One note he did mention was to not keep it covered...moisture can lead to infection.. let it air it will heal faster.