Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Over eating

1. simmonskaren
    simmonskaren
    I'm in 1 year 5 months. I lost 60 lbs. and have now gained 20 back. Due to over eating. I'm addicted to food and am a emotional eater. Any one else feel this way or have any suggestions to try to shrink my stomached back to the way it was that first year?
  2. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    My doc said something about scripting an appetite suppressant if food cravings are over whelming. Gotta wondr tho if it's too late. Stretched out.. try basics maybe like a pre op diet.. reduce appetite that way ... And shed few lbs too.
    Newly sleeved here and have the fear of stretching my new lil tummy too.
  3. sweetsal
    sweetsal
    I am also an emotional eater. Which why even before my surgery I am talking with a therapist. We have talked that eating is basically my addiction and it can be handled like most addictions. It won't be easy, most addictions aren't and eating is even harder because you can't cold turkey eating. But it is still an addiction and with a lot of hard work you can learn to control it. I think we need to start an over eaters anonymous. lol But I do recommend that you find a therapist that deals in addiction and work with them to find out if you can find the root of your addiction. If you can't find the root you will also work on ways to control the addiction. I wish you the best of luck.

Sweetsal