Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

One week post op tomorrow~

1. jamie99d
    jamie99d
    One week tomorrow and my pain is doing well, only have to take pain med at night. I went back to work for half a day on Friday. I don't physically feel hungry, but my head is hungry!!! Anyone else have this problem?? I am doing ok drinking, still working on getting 50grams a protein a day. Tonight I can blend of a Healthy Choice Chicken noodle to puree consistency and eat it! I won't lie I am excited about that! I also sometime worry that this isn't going to work for me (guess just d/t the MANY years of trying and failing).
  2. bamabelle73
    bamabelle73
    I have had the same thoughts all day long.... The what if it doesn't work... Thought... Scary as it comes.... What a drastic procedure to not work.... I know this is just my inner-nah sayer. I have fine the steps to make this work and have support of people that have faith in me... It's just that dark voice that always taps you on the shoulder.

I am glad to hear you are doing well... And hope the head hunger goes away soon.

Best of luck
  3. renee2
    renee2
    I'm 2 weeks post op on Tuesday and down 10 pounds. I'm not hungry so I force myself to remember to have a protein shake everyday
  4. jamie99d
    jamie99d
    Thanks guys!!! I know its one day at a time!!! Here is to tomorrow!!!
  5. StacyD
    StacyD
    I have the same problem remembering the protein shake too. I'm trying to figure out the best time to drink it AM or PM lol
  6. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    I am a little over 2 weeks post op and totly understand the fear of it not working. I got a lap band 7 years ago and was so excited and it didn't work, I wasn't even one of those people who lost then regained. So I too definately share your fears, my body has failed me so many times. I am optimistic though, so many people like me and heavier than me have had success, it has to work right?
  7. olperkins
    olperkins
    I will be one week post op tomorrow as well. I have been hungry myself, I don't believe it's in my head, I tried to believe that at 1st. I can usually get rid of the hunger with some broth or a protein shake. I worry like you that this won't work. The liquid phase has been difficult for me, iI miss food and texture. I think because my family is still eating everything in front of me. I've lost 16 lbs since my surgery, so that has been motivating. I'm hoping the soft food phase will be easier for me.
  8. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Interesting how many people are feeling fear about the actual weight loss working for them. Another group I am on also is expressing this feeling.
    I wonder why we feel this? We have all proven in the past that we can lose weight; it is keeping it off that is the problem. Hopefully the decision to have this sleeve done will take care of that part as well.
    I am 2 weeks out on Tuesday. My Dr. told me I am doing well at my post op appointment with him on Friday. He also released me to soft food - REAL food. (I am still using the puree consistency but have been given permission to actually try food. My favorite so far is vegetarian re-fried beans with low fat cheese and 1 tbsp sour cream/yogurt on it. I took a can of the beans and split it into four mini containers-put on the cheese and put them in the fridge ready to microwave - so good!
    BUT, I am still worrying, since I am finally starting to feel hungry (1st time since January) that I may eat too much. The container actually has about 1/4 cup of food - but while I am eating it - I am feeling guilty - go figure!!

All right everyone - we ALL made the right decision and we have the stamina, experience and determination to make it work this time. We know how to diet - we have proven we have the courage to go forward with major surgery to help us meet the goal - WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  9. olperkins
    olperkins
    Thank you Kathy.
  10. Neet
    Neet
    My surgery was on the 17th as well. I am working to follow the exact plan the dietician gave me and will see the PA next week. I tell myself not to worry and am doing everything that I am told to do. It will work! I am really enjoying a book that was recommended by the hospital where I had the surgery and I volunteer there as well. The book is called Eat It Up! by Connie Stapleton, P.H.D. and has really opened my mind and helped me to understand the psychological side of obesity. These forums are a huge support and are filled with a wealth of information too. Good luck to everyone in this CHOICE to lose weight!