Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Wow, amazing changes already happening on the liquid diet

1. savagegrace
    savagegrace
    I'm on day 6 of my liquid diet, and today I was able to take a shower without any back pain whatsoever. It has been so painful for the last few months, that I opted for baths instead which I hated, because then I couldn't reach around to shave all of my legs. Today I took my sweet time and njoyed every minute of that shower. I also woke up with a natural high. It feels like forever since I've been happy or had the energy to do anything, and today I want to be active. So, I'm gonna go sign up for that gym membership now, and take my kids with me, and make it a family thing. So far this yr, I have quit smoking, and now I'm gonna lose this weight. Next up.. I'm gonna finally ride a dolphin without the fear of drowning it!
  2. Phenomenal Love
    Phenomenal Love
    Hi I'm a new how long were you in pain?
  3. savagegrace
    savagegrace
    The lower back pain was from being overweight, and I struggled with that for about a yr, but more so the past few months. I'm not due for surgery until the 26th though.
  4. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    I had my sleeve done on the 11th of February.
    The pain was not very bad - once they discontinued the morphine drip - the occicodone handled any pain - I also had headaches and they basically were handled with tylnol.
    I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon today. Everything went so very well. I lost 14 pounds since the surgery 10 days ago - which puts me at 45 pounds since I started the liquid pre-surgery diet.
    The pre-surgery diet was hell for me the first few days - I was really sick to my stomach.
    After that, I handled it well - but am so sick of the liquid - and the sweetness (including the sugar free).
    But - and this is exciting - I was moved to soft foods today - YEAH!!!! I was told to try and get off the protein shakes in the next few months or so - he wants me off them hopefully by my next appointment (not that they can't be used occasionally - but they are a supplement at that point and not a meal.)
    Know what I did on the way home???? Stopped at Taco Bell and ordered a beans and cheese bowl. Oh My Goodness - did it ever taste good to me. The funny thing was . . . I could only eat half the little bowl. When I think to the past and realize how much I used to eat - a burrito, a pizza or even sometimes a mexican salad- which believe it or not has more calories than a burrito. I am excited to know that all the effort is worth it - and when you reach the soft food stage - (which is really not as long as you think) it will taste great - and you will realize the surgery worked!
  5. savagegrace
    savagegrace
    Wow, congrats! It's great to hear stories like this, I can't wait till I can get to taco bell too!
  6. Phenomenal Love
    Phenomenal Love
    Please keep me posted on. I can't wait to start my journey. I'm a little nervous since I'm traveling by myself but it must be done. I'm currently experiencing pain in my lower knee calves area and I know it's because of my weight. Ole well, I just can't weight.