Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

things to bring to the hospital for surgery

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    Im having surgery on feb 26 and im looking for suggestions on what to pack with me to the hospital
  2. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    You can find it by searching it on all the forums, it's asked all the time
  3. StacyD
    StacyD
    Chapstick!!! And bathroom essentials. Loose sweat pants for the way home and slip on shoes or boots ( it hurts to try and bend to tie them).
    I did bring a 4' extension chord so I could plug in my cell and iPad
    I walked a lot so I didn't bring books etc. Very exciting on your upcoming day!!!
  4. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    Pack lite loose clothing to go home you will be wearing the hospital gown while there so no need for multiple outfits, personal toiletries, gas x strips help with the gas pain build up. You'll find you don't need much something to read or iPad. Can't emphasize pack lite you don't want a heavy suitcase. I found a pillow was handy for the ride home to keep seatbelts off incisions. Hope this helps
  5. Luann
    Luann
    LOL. Packing light would be ideal, in my next lifetime I hope to master this. I brought what I needed, and people helped me. My coordinator Nissa hauled my suitcase out of the hospital, and at the hotel I called down to the desk & one of the porters came up to my room to help me with my bag after I had packed it to leave. With my back problems, I can't lift even the carry on up to the scanner or into the above seat cabin area to stow - so no matter what I'd need to ask for help.
    I leaked drainage on to my outfits several times, so I'm glad I had clean things to change into.
  6. pattycake65
    pattycake65
    Do they put in a catheter while you are asleep? I live alone, will I be okay, just me and my darling dog!! My daughter is having her 4th child the week I am having surgery, if everthing works out. Have not finished my last few items needed for medicare..... Seeing a psycologist and my last visit on the phone with my dietician. Should I try and get someone to help me? How long will I be incapacitated? I live on the second story of my apartment. I plan on moving in September, will I be able to life. They found a hernia when I went for my upper GI. Not sure is my doctor will operate or not. What is the absolutely worst thing about this surgery, I need someone who will keep it real !!!! I am 65 years old.........Thanks for your help..
  7. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    Pattycakes,
    Stairs aren't a problem, mybdoc doesn't cath anyone, so you'll have to ask your doc. 2 days after surgery, you'll feel pretty good. My doc said no heavy lifting for 3 months, because they fixed a hiatal hernia too.
    Slow and easy. Walk alot.